Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, New build went well but.....

Hi,

I've just installed a bbs02 with 48v battery to my 1997 Pashley Millennium ex post office bike.
    ​​I wanted a cargo bike and I found this one locally to me for £50.
    New tyres and a gentle refurb turned it into a decent bike.
    So I've got a good solid bike to build on.

Got to say, converting a bike to electric drive with these kits is very easy.
    Bottom bracket was well stuck but I'm sure that's pretty common. Once that was out everything fitted nicely.

I've fitted everything and it all works as it should should and is fast.
    I've got a few questions about gearing and such like that I'll post in the forum.

Gordon
    Trowbridge, wiltshire.

I don't do shiny.
    so its got a bit of patina.
    I need to tidy up the wiring.
    I've got some red spiral wrap and cable ties to use.
    The wire bundle of connectors on the cross bar will be going in a phone holder bag.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210707_120100035.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.91 MB ID:	131624

Comment

Looks like a nice solid reliable ride that most people would not really give a second look at which is how I like it. Not an E bike for sure, not an expensive bike they may want to take from you, not some hardcore rider person that may be a jerk if you had to interact with them. Just A person on A bike, nothing special. You got to start looking to see there are tires that cost more than some complete bikes.

With all that space in the triangle I think I would have gone for mounting the pack there to get the weight down lower and leave room for other stuff on the rear rack. Or is the front rack plenty big for anything you would want to carry? Or does the front rack also cover up part of the triangle?

Comment

And I don't need to wear lycra.

The hub brakes are brilliant on this bike and 3 speed simplicity.

The front rack is enormous.
        I'm going to change the rack in the near future for a pashley mailstar one. Much more appropriate and the battery will be swamped by it.
        The 20 amp battery was only available with a rack and I thought it looked tidier. I had no idea it was as big or heavy.
        I don't really notice it on the bike.Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210523_111015065.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	131630

Comment

Working...
        X