Hello from Western Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Western Michigan

Having a blast riding trails and USFS fire roads. I replaced decals the because reseller deservers no credit. Here is the heavy pig in action
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFw...ZVllIf0pM4QvmA

Do you turn the front motor off and on, or is it full time 2wd?

Comment

It has a three position switch on the handlebars, front alone, rear alone or both. I leave it in both wheel drive.

Comment

Looks fun. Is there much difference in the power or feel of you are on fairly flat ground running the different combos? Are they both same size and geared motors? Have you ridden enough to tell if there is a range difference single vs dual? I would assume its not that much different, if it takes 500w to move you its still 500 watts out of the battery if its 500 going to one or 250x 2?

Comment

I have not used motors individually. I have only verified switch works. When bike arrived I was worried about the mileage range and what I could do to extend it. I have 500 miles of trail riding on bike now. I'm worn out after 20 miles of single track trails. I arrive home with 60% battery left. It has two 500 watt Bafang geared, I have seen 1600 watts draw on instrument cluster. Oh how I wish it had a torque and speed sensors along with the cadence sensor. The 45kg weight make it a very heavy pig also.

Comment

Dang that is 99 pounds! I thought mine was bad at 75 with packs and water and such. I wonder if the controller has any smarts and is trying to keep some sort of balance or doing any traction control between the motors? I doubt it, its likely just sending the same signal to both.

Comment

Same signal to both. If I unload front tire going up a very steep hill it will start to spin the front.

Comment

Working...
              X