Hello from Rockford IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Rockford IL

Trying to sell my wifes car (which has become mine since we bought a minivan) which would put us at one car until the one we have a deposit on comes in in a month and a half, also have a newborn who will be one next year and hopefully we'll tow her behind. needless to say having some assist has become very interesting to me and looking to build or buy an ebike asap

So it sounds like this would be just a recreational street machine? What kind of range are you thinking you would want? Any budget in mind? Will you ever have lift the bike like to bring in in an apartment or transport it on a car? Or can it just park in the garage? One reason I am asking those questions is cargo type bikes can be nice cruisers that work well for carrying kids but they are terrible to transport or try to shove in your house.

Comment

Originally posted by 73Eldo View Post
      So it sounds like this would be just a recreational street machine? What kind of range are you thinking you would want? Any budget in mind? Will you ever have lift the bike like to bring in in an apartment or transport it on a car? Or can it just park in the garage? One reason I am asking those questions is cargo type bikes can be nice cruisers that work well for carrying kids but they are terrible to transport or try to shove in your house.
      Yeah it would go on a trailer hitch carrier on the back of our cars. Probably also do some light trail riding with it as well. Something that's a good value. Seeing the Luna stuff seems pretty decent but timeline does not. Power is addicting, I used to race motorcycles. If I could find the performance of some of the Luna's that wouldn't be over the price if it's as good

Comment

i joined a week ago after i dropped 1300 dollars on a luna BBSHD kit and a 500 donor bike. GL
        Last edited by chem; 07-17-2021, 04:42 AM.

Comment

The BBSHD at 1500W is nice. But it's limited by the bicycle drivetrain it's running through. 2hp puts it firmly in Moped territory but with a bunch of torque. If you want MC performance you will need to step up a few levels. Bicycle brakes, tires, and suspensions are at their limits already.

Comment

Working...
          X