Ebike repair project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebike repair project

Hi folks. New here. A fellow just dropped off an ebike project for me yesterday. It’s an older Slane fat tire bike. It has a few issues. So far I’m just cleaning everything and assessing what I need. One thing I need for sure is a pas or cadence sensor. On this one the wired are ripped out and I thought maybe I could just solder them back on but they are broken pretty much flush with the sensor and it’s a sealed unit. It has 4 wires some of the ones I see on Amazon look to only have 3 wires. I have read of people having compatibility issues with some older plugs not fitting newer bikes so I thought I would solder the wires close to the new sensor. Any advice?

By the way, the bike is Shane power bikes but the rear hub IS a Bafang so at least that much of it is common.

Comment

Bafang is the biggest ebike manufacturer in the world and custom makes all sorts of stuff for all sorts of companies. They don't have a simple straightforward lineup. If you want assistance you probs should add some pics

Comment

Working...
      X