Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello - making electric bikes in California

Hi everyone,
    We're a small team building electric bikes in our warehouse here in Southern California (Lithium Cycles). Working on changing the way people view e-bikes! We'll be starting to build them in a few weeks, hit us up if you'd like to test ride them. We're going for a California vibe, a bike that's not really a bike, something fun, different, and something strong. You can get 20 miles out of it in one battery charge (which is great for any city commute) - enough to get you thinking about leaving your car at home :-)

I watched a lot of your videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEn...S4oA1TLae4XDYQ

Cool bikes. Thanks for reducing the number of cars on the crowded roads of CA.

Comment

• SuperLectric
      SuperLectric commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!! Yeah we do all our videos ourselves with the basic tools we have!

Hey yeah guys thanks for making something really unique..... i for one am really supportive of what you are doing.

Hit me up if you ever need a deal on bbshds or battieries....

ERIC

EDIT take back my support.... i do not think these frames are being made in california as they claim....it seeems they are just installing kits on frames they buy from a company in signapore.

Comment

Same here. Saw your vids a couple months ago and really like the product. Reminds me of old 70's style offroad mopeds! Wish I could afford one right now! Too many other builds going but good luck with your company!

Comment

Yes ive been following this on Kickstarter, well done and I do love the look.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLectric View Post
          Hi everyone,
          We're a small team building electric bikes in our warehouse here in Southern California (Lithium Cycles). Working on changing the way people view e-bikes! We'll be starting to build them in a few weeks, hit us up if you'd like to test ride them. We're going for a California vibe, a bike that's not really a bike, something fun, different, and something strong. You can get 20 miles out of it in one battery charge (which is great for any city commute) - enough to get you thinking about leaving your car at home :-)
          How about selling the frame? Some of us have motors and batteries!

Comment

You guys have made it to endless sphere. Welldone. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/vi...p?f=31&t=82534

Comment

Gee,

Those things looks so much like a mini bike that extortion-paid cops will undoubtedly harass many of your customers, much like I saw a YouTube video of a guy that had an electric scooter, which had bicycle crank arms and pedals, I think was around Mesa-AZ, but it still looked so much like a moped, that there ended up being about a half a dozen squad cars harassing the guy because the thing wasn't flying a tax-compliance-paid plate and annual stickers.

Originally posted by SuperLectric View Post
              Hi everyone,

Comment

Hey Guys i thought you were making the bikes in california like you say in your adds...like welding the frames etc.

But now that I figured out that is just an off the shelf bike made in signapore that anyone can buy and convert i am not as excited. It looks like all you have done i add a bottle holder and a bottle opener and installed a bbshd.

Let me know if i am wrong and you are really building the bikes in california.

Sorry for my initial enthusiasm.

Comment

@ Louis - There are frames that are very similar to this if you just check eBay or google "mini bike frames"...id like to do s build on one of these as well...

Comment

I think this frame is identical to a frame that is being offered to anyone by a frame builder in signapore that even has a retail site. The frame looks identical.

I hope the original poster can prove me wrong because right now i feel dooped. I am sure es forum will feel the same.

And your never gonna get 20 miles on a charge on that thing with that battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney64 View Post
                      You guys have made it to endless sphere. Welldone. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/vi...p?f=31&t=82534
                      Is this a dead link?

Comment

Working...
                      X