Hello from Chicago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Chicago

I built out this: Giant Roam 2 Disc, Shimano components, Bafang 750 watt, Killer Whale 48 volt battery pack,Lekkie 42 tooth chainring, led lights, led graphic wheel lights, Shimano Saint Pedals and Continental Gatorskin tires; about two months and 150 miles ago (primarily short test rides). It is now dialed in and is a great pleasure to ride. Thanks to Luna for the initial access to information and quality products. Life changer.
    Giant Roam 2 Disc w/ Bafang 750w and Killer Whale 48 volt battery pack.

Sweet build!!! Been toying with led light strips for my DD hub build, I have ridden it 300+ miles and counting. Where did you get the wheel lights?

Comment

21247 commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you for the support. the programmable led wheel displays are yq8003 available online maybe ebay +-$25 each. lottery winners see monkey lights.

"Life changer."

That's what we like to hear...

Welcome to the New World.

Comment

Awesome build! I'm looking at getting a Giant Roam 2 as well, and build it out with a BBSHD. Did you have any issues with mounting the motor, or was it plug and play? Any adapters needed? Lastly, do you happen to know the bottom bracket size? I need this to order the motor, and can't find this anywhere... and I don't have the bike yet to measure it. Thanks so much for any insight!

Comment

Any difficulty in the build that would help future builders of this bike. Also what the frame size.

Thanks for posting Rod

Comment

21247 commented
          Editing a comment
          This was a medium frame. The battery can also be accommodated on a small Giant Roam 2- disc frame.

Any updates on what's needed to build this? RandysWay had some good questions.

Plug & Play or needing to shim/thinker to get it to work? What sized Bafang did you use?

Comment

Working...
        X