New to the Ebike scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the Ebike scene

Hi Everyone, great forum! I am looking at buying a Paratrooper Pro or Highline and use the BSS to power it. I travel for a living and want to take my bike with me in the trunk and it seems the Paratrooper is the way to go. I'm a big guy at 240 and the smaller bikes aren't appealing to me. I also moved to the Midwest from Cali and wanted to know if anyone else played in the cold regions with batteries, the cold is a battery killer for most people.

I have lots more reading to do and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for providing the insight to such a cool hobby and that I appreciate any insight you can provide. Thanks!

Originally posted by Techoutside View Post
    Hi Everyone, great forum! I am looking at buying a Paratrooper Pro or Highline and use the BSS to power it. I travel for a living and want to take my bike with me in the trunk and it seems the Paratrooper is the way to go. I'm a big guy at 240 and the smaller bikes aren't appealing to me. I also moved to the Midwest from Cali and wanted to know if anyone else played in the cold regions with batteries, the cold is a battery killer for most people.

I have lots more reading to do and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for providing the insight to such a cool hobby and that I appreciate any insight you can provide. Thanks!
    Sweet bike. You probably mean "BBS" to power it. So you are referring to this bike here: http://www.nycewheels.com/montague-p...FQuifgodl9wLCQ ?

I wonder where you could place the battery. Here are some pictures of the bike:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bike.PNG
Views:	157
Size:	328.8 KB
ID:	25848 Click image for larger version

Name:	montague-paratrooper-highline-5.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	25849

Maybe you could hang the battery from the top tube. At 240 lbs. plus motor and battery, make sure the manufacturer is okay with that weight. The default max rider weight is 225 lbs.
    Last edited by commuter ebikes; 01-15-2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X