Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another Canadian

Greetings all.

Brian here from Vancouver Island, Canada.

In reference to my user name I am an old worn out mechanic. 60 years old with a blown out back.

Last year to get back into riding a bike, I bought a Catrike recumbent.

Bought it used and it came with a Bionix system on it.

When I was looking for a recumbent, I wasn't looking for an ebike, but recumbents are pretty scarce in my part of the world so when this one came up, I bought it.

AND I LOVE IT.

But I am sure that anyone who has read any of the posts here or anywhere else on the web knows, the bionix is "Special"
    There are things I like about it and things that I hate.

So, time for a conversion to something a bit better, or maybe I should say better suited to where and how I ride.

Looking forward to some good conversations and some advise from those that have done this before so that I can avoid some of the pitfalls.

Welcome, im new here too. Also from the island, in the midst of converting my MTB to electric with a BBSHD mid drive.

Comment

Greetings from Edmonton.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	stickmen_dance.gif
Views:	135
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	26435
      NO AIRBAGS .... WE DIE LIKE REAL MEN

Comment

Oh Man!
        I keep getting lost in this forum.
        SO much good information here.
        Turn the old lap top on and come up for air in 3 or 4 hours.

Hey islander20, where you at on the rock?
        I am up in Campbell River

Comment

From Langley, just across the water from you guys on the Island. Have bought lots of stuff from Luna, and now have 3 ebikes,... two folders and one mtn bike. There are a few of us here at the Langley airport that have ebikes. In fact, that's how I first found out about Luna and this forum.

Comment

I grew up in the Comox Valley area but actually live on the mainland in Powell River. Do a lot of ferry commuting, taking a e-bike across will save me 100$ a trip on fares alone. Cant wait to get this project started. I am little concerned about the police but I figure if I keep my speeds down I should be safe.

Comment

Small world.
              I have family in PR and some really good friends that live in Langley, well fort Langley.

Comment

So much information
                So much stuff to read

My head's so full. I am afraid it is going to explode.

What a great site.

Comment

Wow, Surrey B.C here guys.

Ah, me and wklatt are probably not far off from each other lol. I never see e-bikes here though, I've only ever spotted them downtown or rarely in Burnaby.

Comment

Rusty, also take a look at https://endless-sphere.com/forums/index.php there is a ton of good info in there. Take care because passion and opinions can run hot over there :)

Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X