Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another NOOB !!

Hello,
    I have the bug big time. Spending way too much time researching. Ready to pull the trigger any day now!!!
    I'm torn between Bafang BBS02 with a 52V 13.5Ah pack from Luna or this new 'Torque Sensing' PAS Tongsheng TSDZ2 48V 500W with the new optional throttle kit that is available on Amazon.
    Not much info on getting the throttle to play nice, or the system in general.

I like the idea of a quiet system.

Tons of info on hot rodding the BBS02. Although I'm still not clear on how the 5-step PAS will be for my Girl Friend when she gets on my nice FS, disc brake Mtn bike.
    I want her to be comfortable with a powerful ebike while I try to keep up on my Gravel bike when we ride on the paved trail system around town.

Is the BBS02 PAS easy to use for a noob girl?
    ( I want to hide the throttle so she at least has to go through the motions ! )

I'm not ready for +1500 watt systems, yet !!

Thanks for the great site !!

Welcome! The BBSO2 works with out the throttle so you don't even have to connect it if you want.

Comment

Super easy to use PAS and I like mine, plenty of power and a bike like feel, need to use the gears and try not to get stuck in a high gear when stopped

Comment

yes easy to use, you will be hard pressed to keep up

Comment

Well,, I went with the Tongsheng instead of the Bafang.
          I pulled the trigger yesterday!
          The 500W mid-drive kit with a 48V - 17.5Ah battery pack. $940 shipped from amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They show details of the cells for the two pack sizes this seller offers. Hopefully they are not chinese crud....

I could have spent $51 more for a Luna 13.5ah pack with known GA cells,, but I feel adventurous... Wish me luck !
          Should I post about it here or is this forum mainly for Luna stuff?

I know there is a BBHSD in my future for one of my other bikes !!

Comment

No, please post all the details of your experience. It will be very interesting to see what this motor is all about. And just as an aside, you are definitely an adventurous guy! $1000 to a guy named Honey Dan and no reviews!!

Comment

Forum is for sharing and learning. Luna products or not, doesn't matter. Post what happens and let the truth fall where it may....

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusPrime View Post
                ..... And just as an aside, you are definitely an adventurous guy! $1000 to a guy named Honey Dan and no reviews!!
                Oh crap,, this just added to my 'Buyer's Remorse'....

I thought at least I'd have amazon on my side for returns and such.
                But it's been 5 days and it still doesn't show that it has been shipped. Should I cancel????

I saw this mid-drive cheaper from Chinese vendors and thru ebay, but what about that clause that says 'buyer responsible for all custom duty fees" and statements like that?

What about using sellers direct from china ? Some take Paypal....
                Is that what most of you have done?

Then I would definitely buy a Luna battery pack and advanced charger.

Comment

You probably will be getting this shipped from China so I wouldn't expect much in the way of up to date tracking.
                  You do have the Amazon guarantee so I say hang in there but remember if they are shipping batteries from China it will be coming by boat so it could take a while.

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusPrime View Post
                    ...You do have the Amazon guarantee so I say hang in there but remember if they are shipping batteries from China it will be coming by boat so it could take a while.
                    Yeah, thanks for the good words. I may have to.
                    I contacted the seller to cancel the order thru amazon, after posting my remorse above.
                    Less than a half an hour later the seller posts that the UPS shipping label has been made and the package is waiting for shipment.
                    I told the seller that after 5 days of no info from them to not ship it. I don't want it.
                    Now a few hours later the tracking link shows "Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier".
                    The battery is shipping separately and no info provided for that.

So,, I may have to hang in there....

EDIT Update:

Funny thing:
                    So I sent the seller another message saying "OK, looks like you have shipped the mid-drive kit", and I knew the battery pack was going to take the slow boat.
                    I told the seller that I work in Tech and I would be testing the battery pack to see if it performs according to the specs and I hope the cells are the same as listed also. It was a 48V/17.5 Ahr rated pack.

That must have set off,,, something,,, because later I got the message through amazon that the order was canceled!!! Yay !!
                    Last edited by Norton; 06-10-2017, 07:30 AM.

Comment

So you ordered then cancelled. Honey Dan has 100% FB from 24 buyers. What rating would you give yourself?

Comment

Working...
                      X