New Guy . East Bay California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy . East Bay California

HI , Newbie here to get info . Have a Great Day.

Hi, hope you find what you need!

The bike in your avatar look very similar to one I built this last year right down to the white walls, cool!

Comment

Thanks ! I had the bike for 4 or 5 years. so I added the rear hub motor.
      I wanted to see if id like a ebike. which I do. and learn the fundamentals of it.
      hopefully I learn enough of the mid drives and bigger batteries to build one in the future. :-)

Comment

Truthfully, mounting a BBS02 mid drive took me about an hour. If you can remove the cranks, it's pretty easy. Hub motors take me several hours because of working out the wheel and disc brake alignment and finding a place to install (hide) everything while keeping it looking as stock as possible.

It's a good site to learn on. Endless sphere (run by a competitor of Luna) has a wealth of technical info under the ebike forums and probably a bit more about battery building. But you are less likely to get chided or trolled here.

Comment

Awesome ! Thank You for the much needed info.

Comment

Thanks moarpower for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Everett12 View Post
              HI , Newbie here to get info . Have a Great Day.
              I live in Santa Rosa. I often go for rides with Alan B., another forum member (and my best friend!). I will PM you and invite you the next time we go for a ride, which is usually in Marin County.

Comment

Thank you for the invite...im currently down for repairs. I guess its hall sensor replacements.

Comment

Everett. I was just reading and saw you are in Union City? Dang I'm down the street it seems I'm in Hayward. I'm just about to build my first bike. My new BBS02 arrives tomorrow. Hope you get your technical issue fixed soon. See you around

Comment

• Everett12
                    Everett12 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    AWESOME! YEAH GOOD LUCK with that! I got the hub motor first to try it out. To See its not another fly by night hobbie . Learning the ropes like you are. I left it on. And burnt the hall sensors. Had someone solder new ones in. I love it got 500 miles on it. im Alot healthier . Hopefully i will upgrade to a mid drive motor in a couple of years. Im reading your error 30 post. So im learning what your going through with a mid drive.
                Working...
                X