New to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this

Hello, my name is Colton. I am from Mendham, New Jersey and I am looking to find an electric bike (pre-built) or motor-bicycle. Because I live in New Jersey, the cc has to be lower than 50. I am hoping someone can give me advice on finding a decent, working bike for very cheap (less than $450). Thank you.

Maybe you could score the most economical bike that you feel is safe, put on a BBS02 and the smallest capacity battery that will give you the range you need.

Comment

Originally posted by rodjuhs View Post
      Hello, my name is Colton. I am from Mendham, New Jersey and I am looking to find an electric bike (pre-built) or motor-bicycle. Because I live in New Jersey, the cc has to be lower than 50. I am hoping someone can give me advice on finding a decent, working bike for very cheap (less than $450). Thank you.
      Colton my young friend you may as well just jump in with both feet, cause I can see that you have already started down the path to the dark side
      Take it from a old geezer any internal combustion set up under 50cc less than $450.00 you are going to be working on it more than you are riding it
      and getting a proper ebike set up at that price, I cant see how you can get that done.
      I put together a $600.00 dollar ebay kit 800W DD with a 35V 15ah Samsung bottle battery
      and it was cool at first I was so pleased with the whole man I have some electric transportation thing yea yall watch dis
      (all new brooms sweep clean,) then reality set in and the distance sucked and it would not really pull hills
      To my way of thinking That was a lesson in ebiking that cost $600.00 I could of applied that cake towards something that is going to
      get me performance and distance.
      I would set a budget for 1K to put together a kit your self that will get you some performance and distance.
      But with that being said keep your eye on the craigs list some times you can run across a used ebike like a ped e go for around the 450 range
      the only down side would be getting a battery that is about done then you are looking at that expense
      You are going to spend $450.00 on the battery going in That leaves you $550.00 for a motor and controller
      Luna has a GP V5 kit that's got it all, you supply the bike and labor ticket right at $1052.95
      The install is a piece of cake and I would guess that Luna has made everything plug and play
      give you something to think about
      You must walk your own path
      Last edited by Green Werks; 07-22-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much. I'll sart saving for that!

Comment

Working...
        X