This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kootguy View Post
    hi I just want to send out a red flag concerning the vruzend battery kit for making your own battery without soldering after placing a order and receiving it I realized won't be good enough for a high amp capacity battery so i wanted to return unopened package and they will not return so if you think its a good route to go make sure . the technology is changing s the kit chargers and bms are all kind of obsolete now at least in regards to a big battery build and I'm out money because they don't want to refund me
    That's all you have to offer? Two posts demonstrating you didn't read before you bought?

Comment

Hello, I am trying to get into the ebike world. I have a Mongoose hitch and I what to power it. I've been reading a lot and still can not determine if I want to go rear hub or mid-drive. I am 63 and past back injuries have reduced my bike riding but I'm not ready to give up. Since I am also on disability cost is a factor.

Comment

• TaosWheat
        TaosWheat commented
        Editing a comment
        I just went through the decision process. I am almost 80 (June) and work at a ski area. I bought a Luna KHS3000 with BBSHD 52V and love it. The bike does more than I can handle. The cost part is not friendly- it was the most I ever paid for a bike but worth it!! I suspect the idea of an inexpensive eBike is an illusion.

Hello. New here. I am sorry for my bad english. I am getting information to build my ebike with the cyclone motor I already have at home. I have made a new mounting bracket for the cyclone because the original I really donĀ“t like. I will include my photos of the mounting bracket that I think is strong, easy to make and light.

Comment

its more the technology is changing so fast at least they could return there products but no

Comment

Hi All, looking forward to learning, and trying to fix my ebike.

Comment

Hi All, obviously new to the forum and I have some very specific questions that I will post in the E-bike technical forum. I'm new to E-Bikes and look forward to learning all that I can!

Comment

Thank you for supporting this forum.
              Adrian from Hawaii. I am older and live on a hill. The ebike is the solution for me to keep fit.

Comment

Hello everybody. I am new to the e-bike community. I am hoping for some insight on how to build my own fat e-bike. So far from what little research I have done it looks doable, I am a fairly decent mechanic. The only problems I have now is that I REALLY want to use a carbon fiber frame for my build and that is starting to look like a non-starter. This forum is my last hope before I just give up and goto an aluminum frame build.

Comment

• Adrianhawaii
                  Adrianhawaii commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you plan on using a mid-drive?

• TaosWheat
                  TaosWheat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just bought a Luna KHS3000 with BBHSD 52V and it is heavy! However, it rides like a dream and the motor pedal assist more than makes up for the weight. I am old, so not out killing the hard trails, but I do work at a ski area and live in the mountains. Unlike with a Road Bike, weight is not really the driving factor in some ebikes.

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                Hello, I am trying to get into the ebike world. I have a Mongoose hitch and I what to power it. I've been reading a lot and still can not determine if I want to go rear hub or mid-drive. I am 63 and past back injuries have reduced my bike riding but I'm not ready to give up. Since I am also on disability cost is a factor.
                I too have a Mongoose Hitch.. I just ordered a bbshd 120mm mid drive.
                I'm a old dude too!
                Trying to get this banged up body back in shape after a couple of motorcycle crashes and multiple surgeries.
                I'll post up when it arrives and give my two cents.

Comment

Good Day - the name is Brian. I have a BBSO2 750 B - its fitted to a regular hybrid type road.mtb. . It works really well and has transformed life for to some extent as I am partly paralysed from the waist down - but I can ride in a somewhat dodgy fashion which I really enjoy as I can only walk with the help of 2 crutches and even then very slowly and painfully . Our area is very hilly , even so I find that it has a max range of about 52km

However I have a problem --

2 weeks back I was riding in pouring rain and after some time the motor cut out . That is the PAS did not work , also the throttle was dead - everything else seemed normal. I had a local e bike shop look at it and they decided the controller was the problem . I have ordered one from Lunacycle and it will arrive hopefully if the SA post office does not lose it .

After a few days sitting in the sun the bike came back to life ! I used it this morning - everything seemed normal - after about 8km or so it cut out again. After 5 minutes it worked again - this happened a few times .

I think the thumb throttle and the lcd screen are ok . Could it be the controller . Has anyone else had something like this happen ?

Any advice and opinions would be most welcome.

Comment

• TaosWheat
                    TaosWheat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Most likely water got into the wiring connections or battery case. Try drying it out with a hair dryer or heat gun to localize the problem area. Then cover the problem with plastic bag or whatever to keep water out.

Hi. I'm newbie to any of this ebike stuff. Bought a Luna BBSHD kit a couple of months ago. Adapted it to my 3-year-old commuter. Appreciated the pedal-assist but it felt weird on hills and only showed speeds in KPH so I tried diddling with the programming using the laptop and programming cable. Well that killed it. Cracked open the controller, and tested the yellow, red, green leads (note: I'm red-green colorblind like 1 out of 6 men, so not 100% sure of those colors). Looked like there was a short so I ordered a new controller and display. Replaced both parts. Still no love. Any advice on next step?

Comment

• zmarkjam
                    zmarkjam commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey chumanfoo, if you need a second set of eyes I have three %100 working BBSHD builds we could use for swapping known working parts to your bike to diagnose where your system is failing. I live in Carlsbad too, close to Stagecoach Park.

Hi ZMarkJam - Sure - thanks for offering. I sent you a private message with contact info.

Comment

• chumanfoo
                    chumanfoo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    zmarkjam. Hi - I haven't heard a response. Not sure if you got contact info - here's an email account if you want to send something: grant_chu(at)excite.com. The private message had my phone number in it. Otherwise I'll order the replacement motor on Monday. Thanks.

i want to buy a ron sur istere a coupon code out there

Comment

Hi all,

I am new to this forum..

I am planning to buy and electric bike in next few months and considering that that is significant investment for me I am thinking to insure it..but don't know where and how.

Please, where, here on the forum, can I find some additional info about how to and where to insure ebike?..options and procedure.

Also..if anyone can share experience regarding ebike insurance that would be great. :)

Thanks in advance.

p.s.I found one company that is offering ebike insurance and if anyone have experience with them please..share it with me...
                    https://pedalcover.co.uk/get-insuran...ike-insurance/

..looking forward to hear your experiences and advices

Comment

Hello all, just joined the site to gather info about BBSHD tuning, battery rebuilds, cell configration, heres a picture of my machine i make for getting 2 20 litre drums of water to my caravan in the sticks along with my shopping

Comment

Working...
                      X