X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sthunter66
    replied
    Hi, just checking in for the first time as a newbie. Installed the Luna TSDZ2 kit on my wife's bike but it is working intermittently. Connections are all checked and good but it stops working for no apparent reason. Some direction as to where I would find answers would be helpful.

Leave a comment:

• carlos
    replied
    Hello all, just joined the site to gather info about BBSHD tuning, battery rebuilds, cell configration, heres a picture of my machine i make for getting 2 20 litre drums of water to my caravan in the sticks along with my shopping

Leave a comment:

• SasaP
    replied
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum..

I am planning to buy and electric bike in next few months and considering that that is significant investment for me I am thinking to insure it..but don't know where and how.

Please, where, here on the forum, can I find some additional info about how to and where to insure ebike?..options and procedure.

Also..if anyone can share experience regarding ebike insurance that would be great. :)

Thanks in advance.

p.s.I found one company that is offering ebike insurance and if anyone have experience with them please..share it with me...
    https://pedalcover.co.uk/get-insuran...ike-insurance/

..looking forward to hear your experiences and advices

Leave a comment:

• robert vining
    replied
    i want to buy a ron sur istere a coupon code out there

Leave a comment:

• chumanfoo
    commented on 's reply
    zmarkjam. Hi - I haven't heard a response. Not sure if you got contact info - here's an email account if you want to send something: grant_chu(at)excite.com. The private message had my phone number in it. Otherwise I'll order the replacement motor on Monday. Thanks.

• chumanfoo
    replied
    Hi ZMarkJam - Sure - thanks for offering. I sent you a private message with contact info.

Leave a comment:

• TaosWheat
    commented on 's reply
    Most likely water got into the wiring connections or battery case. Try drying it out with a hair dryer or heat gun to localize the problem area. Then cover the problem with plastic bag or whatever to keep water out.

• TaosWheat
    commented on 's reply
    I just bought a Luna KHS3000 with BBHSD 52V and it is heavy! However, it rides like a dream and the motor pedal assist more than makes up for the weight. I am old, so not out killing the hard trails, but I do work at a ski area and live in the mountains. Unlike with a Road Bike, weight is not really the driving factor in some ebikes.

• TaosWheat
    commented on 's reply
    I just went through the decision process. I am almost 80 (June) and work at a ski area. I bought a Luna KHS3000 with BBSHD 52V and love it. The bike does more than I can handle. The cost part is not friendly- it was the most I ever paid for a bike but worth it!! I suspect the idea of an inexpensive eBike is an illusion.

• TaosWheat
    commented on 's reply
    I just bought a KHS3000 with BBSHD installed by Luna. I work at Taos and this bike will handle the mountains I think.

• zmarkjam
    commented on 's reply
    Hey chumanfoo, if you need a second set of eyes I have three %100 working BBSHD builds we could use for swapping known working parts to your bike to diagnose where your system is failing. I live in Carlsbad too, close to Stagecoach Park.

• chumanfoo
    replied
    Hi. I'm newbie to any of this ebike stuff. Bought a Luna BBSHD kit a couple of months ago. Adapted it to my 3-year-old commuter. Appreciated the pedal-assist but it felt weird on hills and only showed speeds in KPH so I tried diddling with the programming using the laptop and programming cable. Well that killed it. Cracked open the controller, and tested the yellow, red, green leads (note: I'm red-green colorblind like 1 out of 6 men, so not 100% sure of those colors). Looked like there was a short so I ordered a new controller and display. Replaced both parts. Still no love. Any advice on next step?

Leave a comment:

• alcock@mweb.co.za
    replied
    Good Day - the name is Brian. I have a BBSO2 750 B - its fitted to a regular hybrid type road.mtb. . It works really well and has transformed life for to some extent as I am partly paralysed from the waist down - but I can ride in a somewhat dodgy fashion which I really enjoy as I can only walk with the help of 2 crutches and even then very slowly and painfully . Our area is very hilly , even so I find that it has a max range of about 52km

However I have a problem --

2 weeks back I was riding in pouring rain and after some time the motor cut out . That is the PAS did not work , also the throttle was dead - everything else seemed normal. I had a local e bike shop look at it and they decided the controller was the problem . I have ordered one from Lunacycle and it will arrive hopefully if the SA post office does not lose it .

After a few days sitting in the sun the bike came back to life ! I used it this morning - everything seemed normal - after about 8km or so it cut out again. After 5 minutes it worked again - this happened a few times .

I think the thumb throttle and the lcd screen are ok . Could it be the controller . Has anyone else had something like this happen ?

Any advice and opinions would be most welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Kawboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post
    Hello, I am trying to get into the ebike world. I have a Mongoose hitch and I what to power it. I've been reading a lot and still can not determine if I want to go rear hub or mid-drive. I am 63 and past back injuries have reduced my bike riding but I'm not ready to give up. Since I am also on disability cost is a factor.
    I too have a Mongoose Hitch.. I just ordered a bbshd 120mm mid drive.
    I'm a old dude too!
    Trying to get this banged up body back in shape after a couple of motorcycle crashes and multiple surgeries.
    I'll post up when it arrives and give my two cents.

Leave a comment:

• Adrianhawaii
    commented on 's reply
    Do you plan on using a mid-drive?
Working...
X