First post ~ Glad I found you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First post ~ Glad I found you

We live in Sun City AZ where 5 months out of the year it's HOT! I've owned a Terra-trike Rover for almost two years and about a year ago had 500w 36 volt mid drive. The first year it worked great. Pedal assist was awesome and on demand power was terrific. Then the honeymoon was over. On a ride to my local bike shop, the drive quit and the screen went blank. After what I deemed a cool down period, the screen would momentarily light up then go blank. I left it alone for a day or so then tried again. It fired up just fine and all seemed ok. I started out in level assist 1 and it lasted about a mile. Repeated cool down. Next day all seemed ok again. This time I put the drive in level assist 0 and again after a mile all went black. Since AZ is harsh on all types of batteries, (a car battery normally lasts about two years because of the 100+ degree heat) I'm guessing I have a bad battery even though my C961 screen reads full charge. As a Newbie I appreciate any help offered.

That's the oldest display and not good for monitoring voltage. Use a volt meter to check for 32 to 42 volts on the power wire.
    Good luck and welcome.

Comment

Working...
    X