Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuba Mundo BBSHD

2018-04-16_04-57-41 by Bryan Bracy, on Flickr

Nice! I've been wanting to do some kind of long or mid tail cargo bike for awhile.

Just a suggestion: Can you move that battery cord so it runs behind the motor not in front of it? Is vulnerable to impacts currently.

Comment

Nice bike and actually a beautiful photo with the storm clouds in the background. How many people can you dink on the back.

Comment

So far I gave a ride to a friend's mother and her bike because she got a flat during the annual Christmas light ride.

Comment

Great bike. Just picked up a used Mundo Lux and wanted to do the same conversion. What battery/chain ring combo did you use? I want to carry two kids, about 40 lbs each and bikes, up significant hills. Any recommendations for high torque in these conditions? Would like to put the least amount a stress on motor as I can.

Comment

• MoneyPit
            MoneyPit commented
            Editing a comment
            30a BBSHD with a 52v battery should be ideal for what you are after. 160 Nm of torque. For mine, I also put on a front hub motor to take the shock off the drivetrain starting from a stop while loaded. But going AWD on a build significantly ups the ante on difficulty and complexity. Just a BBSHD is easy to deal with.
        Working...
        X