Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD Virgin in Seattle

Hello!
    Stoked to finally get my first e-bike project going. BBSHD, 52V28AH battery, Replica 1937 Steel tanker Columbia cruiser . Custom built wheels and more.
    Will share what I have when I get further along...for now just a teaser pic of the bike that will pull a custom trailer that hauls and pours beer.

Grateful for all of the great folks on here offering up tips, tricks, and lessons learned. Hope someone finds some inspiration from my build as I have from so many others on here.

Cheers!

Welcome and good luck with the project. I don't usually like those custom frames but thats pretty bad-@ss

Comment

Thanks,

I like the look of the frame being open better as well, just concerned about the weight/handling having it in the rear crate. May not matter too much as it is already such a heavy beast and will usually be pulling a trailer.

Comment

Looks great. Can you fit a disc brake caliper on that kind of fork? Backpedaling on bbsxx will freewheel so coaster braking won't work

Comment

They make a springer front fork that is disc compatible but this one is not. The custom wheel build includes dual Sturmey archer drum brakes with 3sp IGH. Larger drum up front to take the bulk of stopping power.

Comment

Great effort for a first project Kobah. That’ll certainly turn heads in Seattle. Welcome aboard.

Comment

Thanks man! hoping to have it in working shape before a big beerfest event next week.

Comment

Working...
              X