New controller setup - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New controller setup - Help

I have build an Ebike. And im about to switch the stock controller with a KLS4812S, 24V-48V, 120A Kelly Sine Wave.
    But here is the problem. I have no idea what im doing when it comes to wiring.
    The wiring on the stock controller is some what different then on the new one. And that I need help with.
    The stock controller (picture) is a 48v 1000w.
    all I want is the throttle and hub to work. I dont need the pedel assist. break cut off and all that. And I dont own a Cycle Analyst display so no need to set that up..:)
    Just want it as simple and clean as possible.

I just dont want to break anything so please help me.:).
    I´ll even pay for your time if you help me.
    Last edited by Emil G; 11-16-2018, 07:47 AM.

Throttle and hub. Dont know how many hall sensors..
    Attached Files

Comment

This is the new controller.
      Attached Files

Comment

The old one is an easy setup (plug&go). But sorting out the wiring from the hub and throttle on the new controller is more difficult..

Comment

If you have a make and model of your throttle and old stock controller, it would be most helpful to determine how to wire the new controller. As having full battery power at the throttle connection, even a good guess would not suffice. Do you have, and know how to use a multi meter?
          Last edited by Tommycat; 11-11-2018, 09:05 AM.
          See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

So I connected the power wires. But nothing is happening.?? No lights in the led green/red.?? And it has no visible on/of switch.
            I wanted to set it up through the app before connecting the other wires.

Comment

You need to have Battery + power to the pink wire (as well as B+) which goes to pin #7. This is the controller's "ignition" wire. Which is the one I see you energizing thru your throttle switch...It uses full Battery power, but little amperage. (<50mA)

Comment

Thank you Tommycat

Now its got the led lighting up. Now I just need to connect the other wires.

Comment

• Tommycat
                  Tommycat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by Tommycat View Post
                  If you have a make and model of your throttle and old stock controller, it would be most helpful to determine how to wire the new controller. As having full battery power at the throttle connection, even a good guess would not suffice. Do you have, and know how to use a multi meter?
                  Just saying...

You can also open up your throttle assembly and see where the wires go to verify the colors. For tips on this, and Hall Sensor Throttles see my thread here...

Comment

• Emil G
                  Emil G commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know how to use a multimeter. Just need to buy one.:). But im clueless what to look for. But I can probably use your thread for guidance.
                  I got it set up but the throttle dosent work. Everything else looks about right.
                  But I cant do anything about it before thursday (work)

Hope its okay to keep in touch with you. Your thread tells me you know alot about this..:)
                  Have a good week..

And now it says "hall sensor error"

Comment

Originally posted by valueseek

The hall effect wires are 5, 16, 17, 18, 21. They are also color coordinated.
                  What hub motor do you have? Is that the white connector and wires in the first picture? And how did you hook up these wires?

The hall sensor wiring typically has a 5vdc power wire, 0vdc battery ground wire, and 3 wires for each output going from the controller to the 3 motor hall sensors. The hall sensors are bi-polar and switch the 5vdc supply power alternating from ~5vdc to ~0vdc as a magnetic pole passes by. This tells the controller the position that the motor is in. The most important ones are the power wires... the outputs can go to any hall sensor.

Some more particular information on this here...

Comment

Rear hub voilamart 48v.

It looks a mess at the moment.

The 3 fat wires green blue yellow. Are those for the hall censors?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Tommycat
                      Tommycat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The first picture to the left above is what I would expect to see for the hall sensors to motor connection. Red = 5vdc, Black = 0vdc, and each of the colored wired go to a different hall sensor output. (Y, BL, & G) The green wire looks to be damaged. According to the thread above the Kelly's 5vdc line (5) is purple... And ground (21) is black.
                      The fat wires are the motor phase wires which carry the high amperage current to the motor windings. Not for the hall sensors.
                      What is your old controller make and model? May come in handy.

the first picture is the old controller.

Comment

What error code is the controller red LED blinking? Is your throttle connected? Have you run the auto identify function yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X