Hello from Sunnyvale, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Sunnyvale, CA

I bike to work about 3 days a week on a non electric bike. I also have a 1990's mtn bike with no front or rear suspension to pull a half bike trailer (the one where you have half a bike) with my daughter on it. Daughter and trailer weigh probably weigh about 75 lbs. My daughter likes to go on the trailer so I try to use it when I have to take her places. Usually it's about 10 miles roundtrip but we can only go about 10 - 12 mph. I've been reading about the Bafang BBHSD and would like to put this othis will allow us to go more often and farther distances.

Originally posted by evfrankie View Post
    I bike to work about 3 days a week on a non electric bike. I also have a 1990's mtn bike with no front or rear suspension to pull a half bike trailer (the one where you have half a bike) with my daughter on it. Daughter and trailer weigh probably weigh about 75 lbs. My daughter likes to go on the trailer so I try to use it when I have to take her places. Usually it's about 10 miles roundtrip but we can only go about 10 - 12 mph. I've been reading about the Bafang BBHSD and would like to put this othis will allow us to go more often and farther distances.
    Hello, neighbor. I live in Santa Rosa, CA. This is a fun hobby; I encourage you to dive in.

Think of all of the fond memories your daughter will have of bicycling with her Dad.

Comment

• CraigAustin
      CraigAustin commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a BBSHD with a Burley Piccolo trailer attachment, gets a ton of use. My car has become an expensive dust collector. Between my daughter and I, and everything on these bikes, we probably weigh 300 lbs but it still goes very fast. I have to remind myself to slow down because crashing is not an option.

Hi Frank,

Yes the bbshd will easily handle this task.

We sale many bbshds to pedicabers and they have no problem even carring themselves and 2 adult passengers. So you and 75 pounds will be no problem at all.

The bbshd is really changing the game for some industrious pedicabers who before there was nothing that would hold up to their strenuous demands.

I really agree that you will be building magnificent memories with your daughter if you start taking on her longer rides thanks to electric assist :).

Comment

Working...
    X