1st build - Micargi Seattle SS Old School Chopper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st build - Micargi Seattle SS Old School Chopper

Has Anyone built Micargi Seattle SS electric bike? If so, what motor did you use and how did you determine the bottom bracket spec?

TIA!!
    Last edited by Seattle SS; 1 week ago.

Must be standart BB30.

Comment

• Seattle SS
      Seattle SS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.....and I am hping so. I'll know when I take out the crank. I was hoping someone had done this before and could school me on what they learned. I'll post pics when I get it taken apart.

Have a look at this thread:
    https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...tretch-cruiser

If you enhance the photo you can see the BB Luna eccentric adapters. So BB30. It is a mustang and not a Seattle, but I can hardly imagine they go with different BBs on different cruiser models.

Comment

• Seattle SS
      Seattle SS commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a pretty cool bike!

My first electric bike.....and what a ride it is! It's a Micargi Seattle SS old-school fat boy chopper with ape hanger handle bars. It's a 7-speed with 3" tires - Rims are 26" rear and 29" front. Bafang BBSHD with 52V Shark GA battery pack and a full color Luna 750C controller. It was a pretty easy build. Because it's a stretched frame there was room the motor to sit on top of the lower support bar and not under it....well protected The only extras we needed were cable extensions for the speed sensor and one of the brake levers. We've had it up to 33 mph! Everyone who rides it comes back with a HUGE grin on their face!

Comment

Nice! Thanks for the pic!
      2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
      3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
      4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

Pretty sweet ride. Job well done :)

Comment

Working...
        X