1st build - Micargi Seattle SS Old School Chopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st build - Micargi Seattle SS Old School Chopper

Has Anyone built Micargi Seattle SS electric bike? If so, what motor did you use and how did you determine the bottom bracket spec?

TIA!!
    Last edited by Seattle SS; 07-08-2019, 12:55 PM.

Must be standart BB30.

Comment

• Seattle SS
      Seattle SS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.....and I am hping so. I'll know when I take out the crank. I was hoping someone had done this before and could school me on what they learned. I'll post pics when I get it taken apart.

Have a look at this thread:
    https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...tretch-cruiser

If you enhance the photo you can see the BB Luna eccentric adapters. So BB30. It is a mustang and not a Seattle, but I can hardly imagine they go with different BBs on different cruiser models.

Comment

• Seattle SS
      Seattle SS commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a pretty cool bike!

My first electric bike.....and what a ride it is! It's a Micargi Seattle SS old-school fat boy chopper with ape hanger handle bars. It's a 7-speed with 3" tires - Rims are 26" rear and 29" front. Bafang BBSHD (120mm) with 52V Shark GA battery pack and a full color Luna 750C controller. It was a pretty easy build. Because it's a stretched frame there was room the motor to sit on top of the lower support bar and not under it....well protected The only extras we needed were cable extensions for the speed sensor and one of the brake levers. We've had it up to 33 mph! Everyone who rides it comes back with a HUGE grin on their face!
    Last edited by Seattle SS; 03-26-2021, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Seattle SS
      Seattle SS commented
      Editing a comment
      @ Joe Dessi....just found a picture of my nephew who was helping me build the bike. The sticker on the motor says BBSHD-MTR-120.

• Joe Dessi
      Joe Dessi commented
      Editing a comment
      This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks again. I’ll post my build once it’s done. This bike is fun!

• Diatox
      Diatox commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, im looking to do this same build. I know the motor and battery im getting, did you go with the universal thumb throttle? I noticed this bike has shifter on the right handle bar so should i go for a left side thumb throttle? Or can the universal thumb throttle be flipped to the left side? Also just any advice or anything you would have done differently looking back?

Also one last thing, do you think the bike could handle a front suspension fork if i decide later down the line i need one?

Thanks so much for any help you are the only one i know of that can give advise on this build right now.
      Last edited by Diatox; 04-13-2021, 08:20 AM.

Nice! Thanks for the pic!
    BBSHD / BBS02 IGH Builds: Nexus / Alfine 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6, Rohloff: 1

Comment

Pretty sweet ride. Job well done :)

Comment

The main title is all about 1st build - Micargi Seattle SS Old School Chopper as you can see it and learn by yourself. He needed bio writer as it was of a major aid for us yet. Just go for it and let us explain the true nature of it yet or later.
        Last edited by pollardsmi54; 06-02-2020, 08:49 PM.

Comment

That Micargi is nifty lookin! Nice build.

Jose

Comment

Almost went with the Micargi Seattle for mine. Nice looking. Well done.

Comment

• Seattle SS
              Seattle SS commented
              Editing a comment
              Defjr333 Wow!!! What a cool ride....nicely done! What make of bike is it? I'm thinking about building another one and I really like yours.

Does anyone know what size BBSHD kit will work for the Micargi Seattle? 68mm,73mm,100mm, 120mm? I was told the bracket bracket currently takes a NECO BC 1.37 x 24T 167mm (see below pic). I appreciate the help in advance.

Comment

• Seattle SS
              Seattle SS commented
              Editing a comment
              Check my previous comment to your original. The sticker on my motor says BBSHD-MTR-120, so I that leads me to think it's the 120mm.

Originally posted by Joe Dessi View Post
            Does anyone know what size BBSHD kit will work for the Micargi Seattle? 68mm,73mm,100mm, 120mm? I was told the bracket bracket currently takes a NECO BC 1.37 x 24T 167mm (see below pic). I appreciate the help in advance.
            In case you don't hear back from the owner above, you can use this guide and measure your bike. Most likely, based on that NECO JIS/BSA cartridge BB, all you'll need to measure is the frame width.
            Last edited by ncmired; 03-25-2021, 01:57 PM.
            BBSHD / BBS02 IGH Builds: Nexus / Alfine 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6, Rohloff: 1

Comment

• Joe Dessi
              Joe Dessi commented
              Editing a comment
              By "measure...frame width", do you man the BB shell?

• ncmired
              ncmired commented
              Editing a comment
              yes, the BB shell width. outer edge to outer edge.

• Joe Dessi
              Joe Dessi commented
              Editing a comment
              I did the measurements and it’s about 116mm, so a 120mm BBSHD will work.

thanks

Comment

Working...
            X