Hey all! Cargo Biking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all! Cargo Biking

Hello, I’m Brian. A few years ago I purchased a Felt Bruhaul cargo bike with a Bosch Performance assist system. I finally had sustainable transportation. I lacked being able to transport everyday items so my car was the best option in many cases. That's when I designed cargo boxes that could carry everyday loads from tools to dogs. The boxes got a lot of attention being lockable and sleek so I made some more to sell. Here are some pictures of a Tern GSD with 20" cargo boxes and my Felt Bruhaul. You can take a look and let me know if you have any questions!
    Attached Files

I like em!

Not sure the dog looks comfortable in it, but I wish I could lock up my cargo, and appreciate that feature.

Bike looks like a pro tool, now!

Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Glad you like them! We are excited to see where this goes and how people will react to them now that you can lock your everyday goods.

Comment

Do they lock to the bike as well? Or have fasteners which prevent taking the whole things?
        Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

I've had metal panniers on my R1100GS's... they were far too heavy for bike use but something lighter for the bike has my ears perked up

JPLabs the ones I've used all had latches that were opened and closed from inside the pannier so you have to unlock and open the pannier to remove [or mount] them... it's usually super fast and simple and I'm thinking Ebike Cargo may have done the same...

The ones I had made for something to sit on and a second as a small table

Comment

Hey JPLabs. The boxes attach securely to your bikes rear rack with a clamp like mechanism. To detach a cargo box you would unlock your box and un clamp it from the inside. I could provide photos if you would like to see some of the attachment points.

Comment

Nice ,thanks. I don't trust my Ibera Rack Pack system with that much load, it breaks with just a heavy bag. But my Rad has a beefy rack and mounts.

Do you know if they will fit a Rad Mini with their shorter rear rack? Not the oversized one
              Last edited by JPLabs; 08-23-2019, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X