Recumbent trike conversion to electric

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recumbent trike conversion to electric

I’m investigating converting my Catrike Expedition to an electric Bafang and would like to know what kind of modfications may be necessary for a recumbent trike.

Assuming you mean a Bafang mid-drive You will get one chain ring with Bafang kits or get a hub motor if you want to keep your gearing, the stock Bafang chainrings come in a variety of tooth counts and the Lekkie rings are dished to bring back the chainline. You might want to look into the California ebike BSB-1 which is a torque arm for a Bafang mid-drive to stopping the motor rotating in the bottom bracket. Bafang kits usually come with cheap brake levers with motor inhibitors but you can buy magnet sensors if you want to keep using your brake levers. You will need an extension cable for the speed sensor that mounts to the rear wheel, California ebike sells them in 20” and 39” length. Also an extended battery power cable, Luna sell power connectors with pigtails attached for you to solder or crimp them on. There’s probably other stuff I can’t think of, have you asked on the bent rider forum? https://www.bentrideronline.com/mess...splay.php?f=53
    Last edited by Dewey; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
    X