Bafang BBS02 48v 500W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bafang BBS02 48v 500W

I am currently looking at converting my bike with a Bafang BBS02 48v 500W electric motor .looking at purchasing a battery I am asked to select a discharge port ?????. The are various options such as XT60,XT90,Anderson 1, Anderson 2, Port , T. Port and 3 pin. What does all this mean

I would suggest buying the motor and battery from the same vendor such as Luna, California ebike or electrify. They each have their own preferences on charging port. I have had great experiences with all of them so far. If you already have the motor send a picture of the end of the black/red pair power cable coming out of the bbs02.

Comment

The different connectors you listed all have "max" rated amperage limits. The XT90 being the highest. But if you are talking about CHARGING port, it is not that important as most chargers are WELL below any of those connectors specs. The DISCHARGE port is a different story. I would melt all but an XT90 with my current draw. I would stick with XT90s for discharge IMO. My BBSHD came with Anderson Poles, so I replaced those on the motor leads. My battery packs came with XT90s already on them. Luna even threw in a couple matching XT90s with each battery pack for mating the battery to the motor, so I did not even need to pay to replace the Andersons.

Comment

Ahh. I see, I have Anderson poles to xt90 cord that came with my bbshd. What are you running 72v? I have standardized on 52v as my go to packs to keep it simple with chargers and kids. I find the more power I push stuff starts to break. My stator was the first casualty of running an asi bac 800/bbshd at ~2500 watts.

Comment

I rebuilt my packs to a strange config. I am currently running dual 16S5P packs, but adjusted charger to output max of 58.8v. This is about an 80% charge of the packs max capacity. I do a 100% charge every 15 or so charges, but because I use a DC to DC step down converter(for lights and accessories) that accepts up to 80V I just let it drain the full charge down to 58.8V before turning on the BBSHD. The Phaserunner controller I use can handle the voltage, but I doubt the BBSHD could. I do however allow up to 50amp max with max field weakening set to 60amps. I have been running this set up for just over a week with close to 100 miles and zero issues. I use my bike for commuting to work around 8 miles daily plus my tooling around town. It can break 40MPH with a 3 speed IGH, and lots of torque left to spare. I am considering replacing the 3spd IGH for the 8 speed version to see if I cant increase the top speed since its 1st gear is the same as the 3 spd 2nd, and just increases from there. I never use the granny gear as the torque at 50 amps is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Defjr333 View Post
            I rebuilt my packs to a strange config. I am currently running dual 16S5P packs, but adjusted charger to output max of 58.8v. This is about an 80% charge of the packs max capacity.
            If the chart below is correct, at 58.8V you have 55% capacity left...which may be just fine.

Comment

Working...
            X