Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jbtlong
    replied
    Update: swapped out the PAS board and that solved it!

Leave a comment:

• jbtlong
    replied
    No I haven’t. I still don’t know how to do it despite even your second explanation. There is just no exposed metal on the cadence sesnsor on my kit.

but at this point isn’t it unnecessary? It has to be the PAS board since that’s the only thing left that could be the issue right?

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    I didn't think the controller was the likely issue, have you probed the pedal cadence signals yet?

• jbtlong
    replied
    I bought a controller and that’s not the issue.

Unless there is some way the PAS disc can break in an undetectable way. It has to be the PAS circuit board right?

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    replied
    The display needs to be hooked up in order to turn on the controller - all testing must be done with the unit connected to the battery *and* turned on with the four wire connector plugged into the controller

Measure from black to red and confirm ~5V

Measure from black to gray and confirm it changing from ~0V to ~5V while you turn the pedals forward

Leave a comment:

• jbtlong
    replied
    So could I hook up the controller and hook that up to a battery to test it? Do I need to have it hooked up to everything else? I can access this cadence sensor.

also just by looking not sure if my pic is clear enough, but the grey cable looks more exposed than the other three. Not sure if you can see it.

let me know if that’s an issue and where the black and red probe go on the sensor and what I’m looking for. I reread your explanation on the sensor several times but I still don’t understand what exactly to do

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    replied
    Probing the controller PCA directly is very difficult since it's potted... you can probe the motor hall sensor but that's clearly not an issue since the motor runs on throttle... you can also probe the pedal cadence sensor signals easily (haven't done this yet?) and that is the signal pertinent to your issue and probing it will tell you whether the cadence sensor is working properly which is pretty much the only thing I can think of that could cause what you are describing outside the controller... IMO shotgunning the controller is premature until you probe those and if you don't probe them I can't help you much past where we're at....

Leave a comment:

• jbtlong
    replied
    Luna suggested it’s either the controller is bad, or I tugged hard on a wire on the motor side. Do you see anything that stands out to you? Only thing I noticed is a slight discoloration on the copper right above the white tab thing.

as far as probing the controller, is there any videos or pictures demonstrating this?

i can’t seem to find any for anything that looks like a bbshd controller. I’m still not sure how to probe that four wire set.

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    replied
    I've probed them in the past and it was easy

I still think it's a good idea to see "which side of the pedal cadence connector" your issue is

Leave a comment:

• jbtlong
    replied
    All good bro! Yeah I’m not seeing any exposed cables, but even to jam it in, I’ll contact Luna tommorow and see what they say though.

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    replied
    Originally posted by jbtlong View Post
    There’s no expose slots unless i unplug the black connector
    Sorry, I'm relying on memory and I'm old, likely drink too much and the memory is feeble - what were we talking about?

You can still probe by sticking pins or paper clips into the back of the connectors - be creative ;-}

Leave a comment:

• jbtlong
    replied
    BBSHD PAS not working after new Luna controller on electric bike.com forum

The user that posted is Renn and his situation sounds extremely similar to mine. I unfortunately can’t figure out how he solved his problem. It seems like it was his Pas sensor PCB but no idea what he did. Is this something to possibly look into?

Leave a comment:

• jbtlong
    replied
    There’s no expose slots unless i unplug the black connector

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    replied
    Nope - leave them all hooked up - unplugged you can't see anything... On the other side of that black connector you'll see little slots that expose the contacts. You'll want you voltmeter set to volts (DC), turn on the bike and place one lead on the black and the other other on the red and you should see about 5V. Then connect one to black and the other to gray and turn the pedals slowly (you may need a helper) and you should see the voltage go between about 0V and 5V - if so the sensor is working and sending the signal to the controller and the issue more likely lies in the controller, possibly the programming, possibly something else, if not it suggest something's up with the sensor

It's a very easy test so just one place to start

Leave a comment:

• jbtlong
    replied
    That makes more sense as to which cable to focus on and sort of what I do with the multimeter, but I’m confused on what to do at this point. Do I seperate the black cable with 4 wires? Where does the red and black go, I don’t see a 5 or 0 on the multimeter and it looks like Mayan dialect.

thanks again for the help!

Also I broke the black seal and white silicon on most of the wires. Do I need to reseal that? Last tidbit is the nylon gear, I just spun it and kept it in its chamber and applied Mobil 28 rather than removing the gear and oiling it. Not sure if that would have anything to do with the issue

Leave a comment:

Working...
X