X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosch Purion Display Cutting Out

Hi All,

New here.
    I've had an electric bike for about a year, I transitioned to electric on being diagnosed with a serious health condition, so having the electric bike has allowed me to get out and about more !!
    I have a Cube Reactor bike with Bosch Performance Line CX Motor, Powerpack 500 and Purion display.

The battery is fully charged:

On switching on the display, the screen shows full charge and comes on as normal. About a second later the battery is shown as empty and the display turns off.

I've opened up the area around the motor to expose the wiring/connections. It looks at though there may be an issue with the cable from motor through to the Purion. When I compress the cable at a certain point the display turns on and does the same thing so it may be a damaged wire. I have tried cleaning the contacts with compressed air but no fix. I am thinking to purchase a new cable to see if that fixes it.

Would appreciate any thoughts with this. Photos below. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1st photo.jpg
Views:	836
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	108297
    Display on startup

Click image for larger version

Name:	2ndphoto.jpg
Views:	844
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	108296
    Display after about 1 second, a second later it switches off

Hi. I work with San Antonio Bike Share in Texas. We have these displays and the same issue has occurred with us. I’ve found that the power connection on the computer side just gets loose. I tried getting to it to re-solder but wasn’t able to get that far in. The tiny box where the power connects (under one of the circuits) seems to be sealed maybe by the molding, although there is a screw on top. If it’s possible to get in to repair, it’s just really difficult.

Comment

I meant to add... my recommendation is file a warranty and/or get a new system.

Comment

I had similar problem, except my display wouldn't switch on at all unless I pressed the button on the battery. Then display would come on for a second or so showing full battery, then no battery and then go off. Took it to Trek in Shrewsbury who diagnosed it as power lead from battery to motor. They replaced and all good. Wiring harness 1270.015.067-VEO. Good service from Trek shop.

Comment

Working...
        X