Display shuts off suddenly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display shuts off suddenly

I've had my Luna BBSHD and 52V Panasonic GA 18650 24ah battery setup for about 1.5 years. A few months ago I encountered a problem where my display and motor shut off suddenly when the battery was around 54V (at standstill, not riding). For reference, my battery is at 58V at full charge and, before this problem began, it would dip to around 47V before I'd have to recharge. This has been happening consistently ever since. When the bike shuts down, I re-plug the battery to the controller (side note: there is always a visible spark when I do this), I stop using the bike throttle-only, and begin using pedal assist at a level 2 because if I twist the throttle too much, I demand too much from my bike and it shuts off again. Using level 2 pedal assist, I can reach 53V before it begins shutting off again.

Based on the solution that worked for the person in this thread: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75115, I have tried upgrading my display from the c961 that came with the BBSHD to the 750c display to see if that might fix the issue but it has not. I have also set the low voltage cutoff to 38V instead of the default 41V using the programming cable but this does not change anything. Any suggestions as to what my next best course of action should be? Thanks.

I am a tech at the only e bike store in Nebraska , heres my steps i un plug brakes throttle , ride , i also hook up my digital meter directly to the battery n whatch volts if battery 48 v runs 52 v anything watch because it drops below 47v it shuts down , these are brand new bikes n batteries , are being replaced by the companies, there saying a bad cell, bms , there $400 batteries, I have on certin models been sent new cadiance sensors magnets n reader are best set 4 mm this has shut new bikes down, any code present on display when restarting? bad cells don't give code because bms has shut it down n controller dosent register a code with my experience, I don't know every thing n every thing and every bike is testing elimination task . goood luck

Comment

If it's a Shark type battery with a connector between the battery and battery mount (holder). I'd recommend checking that connection over carefully as described here...
      https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...5701#post35701

Regards,
      T.C.
      See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

• Seenitlrnit
        Seenitlrnit commented
        Editing a comment
        they say 80 percent of shut offs are due to connection thats why most battery holders have 2 positive n 2 negative terminals yet they spread out n contact can be lost run a digital tester to the charging port n ride you'll know the minute it happens

• Seenitlrnit
        Seenitlrnit commented
        Editing a comment
        they say 80 percent of shut offs are due to connection thats why most battery holders have 2 positive n 2 negative terminals yet they spread out n contact can be lost run a digital tester to the charging port n ride you'll know the minute it happens
    Working...
    X