Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMacAlpine
    replied
    Yes, you can change the number of PAS settings on the Eggrider. The Bafang DPC18 uses only 5: 2,4,6,8 & 9 I believe. I simply adjusted the speed and current for those settings to match my needs. (There may be a way to use the two Bafang display modes, Eco and Sport, to provide two sets of settings, but I can’t figure out how this might be done. I see this has been an issue of confusion among many who have written in.

Leave a comment:

• 73Eldo
    replied
    So the EggRider doesn't let you change the number of PAS steps? That seems kinds dumb for a device that is supposed to have all these advanced blue tooth app things. Or was it just not obvious how to do it? I'm really considering one but if its not as programmable as a $30 unit seems like it may not be worth the trouble.

Leave a comment:

• DMacAlpine
    replied
    After talking with Joe, I discovered my problem; related to the fixed number of PAS settings at 5 and the fact that my BBHD has much more power. I reprogrammed the PAS settings and resolved the problem.

Leave a comment:

• artdrectr
    commented on 's reply
    Eggrider's cs is excellent, very responsive. Ask them directly. Here ya go
    info@eggrider.com

• DMacAlpine
    replied
    To expand on the "glitch," the "in the package" configurations of the Luna BafangHD controller are unusable to me. The first assist setting, 1, gets my heavy bike (LWB recumbent) up light grades ok. At assist setting 2, I basically freewheel up all but the most significant grades (I live in Grand Junction, CO). So as is, the Luna display with its "locked" configuration, is unusable to me.

Leave a comment:

• DMacAlpine
    replied
    I do because it gives you the ability to manage speed and current settings (Basic Settings) on the fly; this is the only way to "tune" your Bafang to do exactly what you want given the way you ride. But once I found my goldilocks settings, I replaced it with the Bafang DPC18 color display on one bike and its Luna version on my other. These displays are much easier to manipulate, especially with winter gloves. And the graphics are superior. This is where I ran into my problem: the Luna is not taking the EggRider configuration changes.

Leave a comment:

• 73Eldo
    replied
    I will be curious to hear the answer to this since I have multiple age systems and have been thinking of the EggRider. Other than that little glitch do you like it? What others displays do you have or have you used and how to they compare?

Leave a comment:

• EggRider - changing configurations on new Luna Bafang HD

I've discovered my Eggrider, used with my older Bafang 02, will not preserve changed configurations on my new Bafang HD (after reconnecting to the Luna display). Works fine with the Egg attached but new settings are lost after detaching. My other Bafang, with the same color display from Bafang, does not have this issue; I can detach Egg and reconnect Bafang display and configurations are preserved. Did Luna make some change to the Luna display that could be preventing it from being overwritten by my Egg?
Working...
X