Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 73Eldo
    replied
    Year or so I think SO is the operative word, that is a V1 pack so I think its at least 2018 age wise. 4 cycles isn't much so its been sitting a long time and you have to wonder what sort of care or attention it got over all that time.

If some sort of programming was shutting the system down the display would stay on. If the display is going dead its a connection issue or the BMS in the battery shutting things down because its sensing low voltage. My V1 pack will reset itself without having to connect to a charger so that does fit that you can get it back.

If it was me I would be rigging up some way to slowly and steadily discharge the pack. This could be on the bike in a trainer or just raised off the ground or a larger old school light bulb or another member recently discovered an electric griddle is a great way to load a pack. Run it down slow and steady till the BMS cuts it off. Ideally you will have a volt meter connected to it during this process so you can monitor what is going on and when it cuts off. A $15 meter from Home Depot is fine for this, doesn't have to be fancy and will likely come in handy for other things on and off the bike later.

After it discharges put it on the charger up to 100%. Repeat the discharge process. Repeat the 100% charge process. Maybe then try a ride again? The idea is with all that sitting the cells have likely got way out of balance. Most of the BMS's you find on e bikes don't balance till you are close to 100% so if you are not charging to 100% normally you need to from time to time to make sure you get them to balance. In this case you also want to do the slow steady discharge to help the balance too. They sort of balance as you discharge them as long as its slow and steady so we are just trying to even things out and hope there is no serious damage.

Leave a comment:

• Tall Guy
    replied
    It is currently 93% charged and I was told it only had 4 charge cycles since it was purchased. It is reading 52.6V but I didn't notice a voltage sag. Original owner bought everything a year or so again from Luna.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    Does it do that if it's fully charged? How old is the pack, how many cycles? Is there significant voltage sag on it? Is your display set to read voltage, if not please switch to voltage not percent, percent is for 48v not a 52v pack like that one

Leave a comment:

• Tall Guy
    replied
    Update: I rode the bike again after work and now it will randomly turn off even if I am only at PAS 2, using 600 or less watts. Still unknown reason as to why.

Leave a comment:

• Tall Guy
    started a topic BBSHD powers down at PAS level 5

BBSHD powers down at PAS level 5

I just purchased a used fat tire (donor) bike with Luna BBSHD and a 52V 12ah (seller stated that is the battery size) that I will be switching to a GT Avalanche 29" mountain bike. I took the fat tire bike for a ride last night and had the whole system shut down on me every time I reached PAS level 5, which is over 1000 watts of power per the display. I am waiting for the programming cable to be mailed to me but am wondering if the display is causing the shut down or something else? The battery was charged to 80% prior to the ride. I had to unplug the battery connection each time in order to turn the system back on. Ideas? I am not very electrically inclined but have a friend coming up from the Bay area at the end of the month who is an electrical engineer. Thanks!
    Last edited by Tall Guy; 05-03-2021, 02:09 PM.
Working...
X