Controller Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controller Wiring

I have a controller marked LSW669-16 X100-7011-816 and CE:G3M20211-1592-16 on which the battery, motor and display cables are obvious and there is a 6 wire cable to the Wuxing S29X-DX throttle and display which has three battery level LEDs and a big red button.

There are also:
    • a medium sized white plug with a green and a black wire which connects to a socket with paralleled 1m and 1.7m wires - I'm guessing this is for lights.
    • a small black plug with red, black and blue wires. A very dubious guess might be that the black plug might be for a pedelec sensor and the red button is to switch between throttle and pedelec.
    Any comments about what these wires really do?

You can browse Aliexpress and other places that show controllers and their wire assignments. They are actually pretty standardized.

Click image for larger version

Name:	H7774184c4bde486fa37f9e1d1a16f3c7u.jpg
Views:	1278
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	143930

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs Ut View Post
      browse
      Unfortunately there are hundreds with different wiring. I'm hoping there are some common colours which someone will recognise.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisOfBristol View Post
        Unfortunately there are hundreds with different wiring. I'm hoping there are some common colours which someone will recognise.
        I've bought 4 different controllers on Aliexpress and they all have basically the same wiring. (Hundreds? Really? Heh.) Why are you even beating this old controller to death when for $20 you can have a new controller with wires already marked......

Comment

...they all have basically the same wiring. (Hundreds? Really? Heh.)
          Just one page from many from a quick search:

Click image for larger version  Name:	a.png Views:	0 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	144006
          Why are you even beating this old controller to death when for $20 you can have a new controller with wires already marked......
          Why do you make build a bike from parts when you could just buy a ready-made bike?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisOfBristol View Post
            Just one page from many from a quick search:

Why do you make build a bike from parts when you could just buy a ready-made bike?
            Because I can choose each part. Since I chose a Bafang BBHSD I can program it to exactly my riding style by plugging in my laptop. Very few, if any, complete bikes allow you to do this. It also allows me to use my favorite old upright country cruiser bicycle I have ridden in comfort for years. I can also convert existing bikes for a fraction of the $$$ of a new ebike especially if I build the battery. If I don't like a display or controller for a few dollars I can change it to another. Not something you can readily do with a complete ebike. You are stuck with someone else's thoughts of what an ebike should be.

...Out of all the controllers on Aliexpress they basically have two wiring setups. Some are set up with individual wires like yours (and most above) have and others have more modular plugs like seen on most Bafang units (picture below). You can lay almost every controller you pictured above side by side and wire for wire they are the same. Even same colors. For someone asking questions or never seen these controllers up close and personal you sure don't want to learn.

Example of modular plugs -
            Click image for larger version  Name:	H0258dcc69de74f94867378160ecf0dc0C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.4 KB ID:	144033

Comment

...Out of all the controllers on Aliexpress
              So you're example is from only one website?
              you sure don't want to learn.
              Hardly a true, helpful or even polite comment.

Comment

This topic has a lot of good stuff, however, I'd want to show you something.

Comment

If you confirmed the LED display is same as here, I can help to check the WIRE for display part. https://topeparts.com/product-category/led-display/

Comment

Originally posted by Cory View Post
                    If...the LED display is same
                    There is no display, just 3 LEDs on the twistgrip. Thanks for the offer of help anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X