Magnets are braking off the "Wolf Extra Magnet Mount"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnets are braking off the "Wolf Extra Magnet Mount"

The magnets of the "Wolf Extra Magnet Mount" bracket have broken off except 2 of the 6 magnets, and those 2 magnets are truly about to break off as well! And when 1 more breaks off I will have an unrideable electric bike!!
    Im being told these magnet mounts are out of stock (and it has been for over 2 years if you are to read the reviews of this product). Ive tried threading/riveting new little steel bolts (I think the size of m4 x 8?) to hold down the magnets in place & tapered them with heavy metal glue stuff but that didn't work.
    I cant place the large heavy battery inside a bike rack sack because I dont want too, nor do I think Luna has all the parts I need to do this because they are out of stock on some of the parts I need (connectors and wires) . Nor does strapping the battery down to the bike work well because I will need to take the battery off at sometime, especially during sub zero degree Colorado weather and when I pull the battery off the 2 magnets are going to break off!! What can I do to attach these broken magnets back on to the mounting plate? Can it be welded together or does someone have a "Wolf Extra Magnet Mount" for sell?
    Im upset because my bike is my only transportation due to medical issues- epilepsy. Its how I bring food home and tow my 130 pound service dog around in a bike trailer. My bike is my connection to life and I need help in salving this problem - Ive spent $2000 on Luna parts in putting my bike together and Im now about to have a E-bike that is worthless to me if I cant fix this problem . Please help me if you think you know how I can re-attach/hold down the magnets on the mount/bracket... Thank you!
    Last edited by DSW; 05-06-2022, 08:31 PM.

I have one bike using these and they seem to work as well as the original plate did. I originally bought them because they were a little cheaper and in stock but since then like you 2 of the 6 have fallen off my mount and the remaining ones are loose so I will likely switch to that bike to these too. I may have had to go to a hardware store and get a different and maybe longer style of screw and some kind of spacer or washer so it would sit flat on the style of bosses that one bike had but I don't remember it being a big deal it was standard stock stuff at the hardware store.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32146965003...sAAOSwd4tTzofD

Comment

Had to change out my Wolf plate yesterday. 3 magnets completely broke off and the remaining ones loose so I'm sure they won't last long.

Comment

Working...
      X