No Power, Full Battery, Good Plugs/Connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Power, Full Battery, Good Plugs/Connector

I've checked everything I can think of and everything YouTube videos have suggested. I can't power on my new diy bike. The battery is full. I'm getting full power on the motor side of the battery connector. I've checked all the plugs and pins. I checked the controller phase wires are connected. It has to be a faulty display or main wiring harness??? I've unplugged each component individually and tried to power on.

I'm running a Bafang 1000w mid drive from Luna. 52v 20ah battery from upp.

Which model display? And did that come from Luna too? How are you verifying that you have power at the motor connector? Did you order your battery with the anderson connector or did you have to make or order some sort of adapter?

Comment

DPC-18 from Luna. I probed the wires on the motor side of battery connector. 58.6 volts. Battery came with xt60 connector. I switched to xt90.

Comment

Luna typically ships their motors with the red and black Anderson style connectors. You said your battery came with an XT60 that you changed to XT90. Did you also get an adapter to go between Anderson and XT90? Are you checking at that connection too? Maybe check with Luna before hacking things further but I would maybe be looking at the way the anderson connector was connected to the controller harness? Maybe solder a XT90 on there to get rid of the anderson and be sure its good that far?

When you changed connectors are you sure the polarity stayed correct? Don't base it on wire colors, check it with a meter.

I would have to look it up but there are 2 pins you can short in either the display or main harness that is supposed to make the system power up with no display. That may help point to if its a controller issue or a dud display.

Comment

I didn't check polarity. I'm new to this. I removed the Anderson completely. Just soldered the xt90 on. I guess I'm off to YouTube to learn how to check polarity. Thankyou for your help. I'll be back with an update.

Comment

Polarity is good. I took pictures but it won't let me upload. Says invalid format.

Comment

If you are sure its all good and your connections are good then I think I would search for the diagram about which pins to jump out to make it work without the display and see if that gets you anywhere. I don't think there will be anything else you can do without having other parts to swap in for testing. That is one handy thing about this addiction, before long you will build or talk a friend into building another bike so you will have more parts around.

Comment

Hi JoeEvans,
                And welcome to the forum! :-)

Please take no offence, but are you pressing and holding the power on button down for at least a couple seconds?
                Reference: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-documentation

As far as bypassing the display, and perhaps checking voltages at its harness connection to make sure battery power is available. See this thread...
                https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...he-bbshd-bbs02
                See section 2.

As always, other good information is included in this thread.

Regards,
                T.C.
                See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Luna support thinks it's a bad main wiring harness or controller. They're sending a harness.

Comment

Working...
                  X