BBSHD 1000 Sensor Voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD 1000 Sensor Voltage

Hoping somebody can shed some light on this. 2 controllers same issue. https://youtu.be/XLF73oHL1w8

Are you sure they didnt just send the same controller back to you? I have had that happen several times before. Now when I send things back, I mark them with a small scratched initial that I can see with my magnifier. And if I suspect a bad chip on the board, I will even mark the chip so see if they actually replace the chip on the board. PC boards are sometimes repaired rather than replaced. And they are sometimes sent right back because they are out of production and they are trying to get past the warranty period. Gigabyte is very bad for that. Had to file attorney general complaint on them. It looks pretty clear that you have a controller/integrated cable issue thats messing you up. But, a bad controller could have damaged all 3 of your sensors. It would be good to use a power supply to power up the sensors and see if they still function properly. If they are shorted out, they would blow up any controller not equiped with short circuit protection. Too bad theres no schematic of what Bafang puts in their controller.

Comment

The vendor didn’t ask for the original to be returned. They just shipped me another. I’m just not sure if I’m missing something in my diagnosis. Display unit or something I don’t know about. Tempting to add a rechargeable 5 volt supply and just tag it into the circuit if they don’t honour the warranty. Testing it externally was something I’ve been mulling . I think you’re correct it would help prove the issue.
      Last edited by RawKm; 09-25-2022, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Yea, you can use an old USB plug in. They are 5V. Then cut open a USB cable and find the Plus Minus wires. The sensor has pins, so its more awkward. Strip a length of copper on 3 wires, ball up the copper and stuff it between pin and the connector wall. Tape the wires down to desk so they dont move when you plug in USB end. Hook meter to signal wire and ground. Then your set to test with the magnet. When you know your sensors work, then you know the controller is bad. The power supply is in the controller. My motor and sensor works even without the display plugged in. But then again, I have an 02. I assume its the same except less powerful.

Comment

Those are some great tips. Thank You! I’ll give it a go and maybe get it on video for future reference.

Comment

Working...
          X