Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dollabeel02
    replied
    update on my issue… I did get a new motor from the e-bike manufacturer under warranty. And my bike is working great now!

thanks everyone for the help!

I was able to keep my old motor. Are there any places that fix/rebuild these hub motors? Since I did not have to send old one back I would like to get it fixed if possible so I will have a spare if I was to ever have another issue.

Leave a comment:

• stts
    commented on 's reply
    waste of time
    Last edited by stts; 03-24-2023, 05:26 PM.

• Dollabeel02
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry to hear about your friend.

I did put the bike up and ran it on PAS 3, the watts ran 75-100. I did notice right off the bat that I could get it started with PAS and stop pedaling for a brief second and then start back and it would make the motor cut out even on level 3. This happened not even 45 seconds into running the bike and I can repeat this scenario just about every time.

I did manage to run it without it cutting out for prob 4-5 minutes non stop. Stopped the wheel and felt motor and there was no noticeable heat felt.

• wisk9ice
    commented on 's reply
    stts is a wise fellow and I see what he is talking about. I hoped it was a simpler solution but A motor tear-down may be required.

• stts
    replied
    waste of time
    Last edited by stts; 03-24-2023, 05:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dollabeel02
    replied
    I have noticed when using throttle the temperature on display goes off then comes back on, but it doesn’t do that when using PAS. I am going to try running it with tire off the ground when I get home to see if it will cut out on 3 and 4 and how long it takes.

Leave a comment:

• stts
    replied
    waste of time
    Last edited by stts; 03-24-2023, 05:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wisk9ice
    replied
    I thought thermistor would not cut out that quick unless there was other underlying condition that would cause this? I still go back to battery capability. stts you are correct on BMS,; since he replaced display and controller process of elimination is battery.

Leave a comment:

• stts
    commented on 's reply
    waste of time

• Dollabeel02
    commented on 's reply
    I can put it on a stand, turn it on and press throttle and it cuts out almost instantly (it will run longer with tire off the ground but most of the time if I go 0-full throttle it will cut out even with tire off the ground). Or I can start off on PAS 5 and pedal and it will cut out almost instantly.

• stts
    commented on 's reply
    waste of time

• Dollabeel02
    commented on 's reply
    The 1st time it happened it was a “cool” day but it has been pretty warm lately and it does it still. The video I shared was before charging my battery, it’s fully charged now and still doing it the same. After hunting season I charged my battery completely and stored it inside.

• Dollabeel02
    commented on 's reply
    The guy that builds the bikes has been pretty good so far, and has sent me a few parts at no cost even though “technically” my e-bike is out of his 15 month warranty. My problem is I only have 1 bike shop anywhere close to me and they only work on the e-bikes they sale. I’m in Arkansas and the bike company is in Ohio, and he has never experienced this issue. So is there any test or anything I can do to verify the thermal circuit breaker is the culprit? Thanks

• stts
    replied
    waste of time
    Last edited by stts; 03-24-2023, 05:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wisk9ice
    replied
    Curiosity was it cold when you went hunting that day? Also does it act the same when you have a full charge on it? How did you charge your battery when it was not used for a long time?
    Here is a you tube link on maintaining a e bike battery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVcFytLYOIQ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X