Odometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odometer

How do I get my odometer to be more accurate. It’s way off. I found in information it’s showing 27.5 wheels when it has 29, but I can’t change it. Any suggestions.

Yea, you need to post lots more info about what you got. I remember when I was a kid that I was always taking messages on the phone and I would totally forget to ask who was calling. So I would be saying somebody called about this and somebody was calling about that. I guess that feature is still being handed down thru the generations. :)

Comment

• kirchoff419
      kirchoff419 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why not just ask what you need to help. I’m new to this brand. It’s a x2 with the ludicrous option. It’s brand new. What else do you need to know? I’m 51 years old, married with 4 kids.

• stts
      stts commented
      Editing a comment
      You want help and you want US to play 20 questions with you. Kids do that all the time. And in todays entitlement era, I guess grownups do to. Hah...So Ill bow out and let the X2 Luducris gurus help you out...

Ha. In other words you have no idea.

Comment

• stts
      stts commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I can always figure things out, but you posted enough info to determine that this topic is best addressed by the Sur Ron Gurus on the forum. I have never laid hands on a Surron with their specific brand of software. :)

Hi, and welcome to the forum. For bikes with the ludicrous v2 controller, I think the controller's wheel size setting take precedence over the display's setting. If so, in your case you'd need to use the Android/Bluetooth config software, here: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-documentation

If you've been down this route already, I'd contact Luna support by opening a trouble ticket, here: https://lunacycle.com/support/
    Last edited by ncmired; 11-14-2022, 01:00 AM.
    BBSHD / BBS02 IGH Builds: Nexus / Alfine 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6, Rohloff: 1

Comment

Thank you. Is there a iOS app option?

Comment

It may be that you can tweak settings now with the iOS app, but not yet perform controller firmware updates - for confirmation I'd post a note over in knowledge base forum I linked to above, for Marcos to see and respond to.

I'm over in the BBSHD/Ludicrous/Android user camp, and don't have hands on exposure to what you have.
        ​​​​​​
        BBSHD / BBS02 IGH Builds: Nexus / Alfine 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6, Rohloff: 1

Comment

I would just go for a ride of known distance and figure out a correction factor to multiply the display by.
          [correction] = [real distance] / [displayed distance]

I used to work at a metrology lab, so everything around me (thermometers, gauges, etc.) gets compared to a standard if not adjustable.

Comment

I haven't found many bike speedometers/odometers that are terribly accurate - exception is that garmin makes some units that couple to a wheel sensors and they use GPS over long baseline to calibrate the wheel circumference - these can be *very* accurate

Some are way off and even more annoyingly their algorithms so poor that you can get speed close or odometer close (like <5%, not that good) but for some reason one or the other is further off and often in the opposite direction. I'm unfamiliar with the ludi V2 but Marco is a good coder so the ludi V2 is likely better

Regardless, generally the easiest way to obtain good wheel circumference/diameter is to make a mark on the ground next to a mark on the wheel at the wheel six o-clock (or just use the valve stem), push the bike forward until the mark on the tire is back again at the six o'clock and make another mark on the ground - measure distance between the marks to get circumference, divide by pi to get diameter...

Comment

Working...
            X