BBS02B does not come apart the way videos show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS02B does not come apart the way videos show

I realized my nylon reduction gear is trashed and set out to replace it.

When i cracked the core, the rotor pulled out of the stator. It turns nicely in it bearing, which seemingly are pressed in.

I don't understand why all videos show the rotor and pinion coming out with the stator side, exposing the cover plate to access the nylon grear.

I've firmly pulled on the rotor. It doesn't "easily " come out.

Suggestions?
    Attached Files

Click image for larger version

Name:	1695785143788.png
Views:	43
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	164761hi brother, this problem is really rare, it is possible that your nylon gears are more seriously damaged, resulting in being stuck inside, I suggest that you rotate the rotor to try to see, need to pay special attention to non-violent dismantling, otherwise it will damage your bearings, Note the red markings on the picture, you can use leverage and hit the red spots with a hammer, some patience is needed and it will come down soon!Click image for larger version

Name:	1695785143788.png
Views:	44
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	164760

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I was able to pull the rotor out with two small pry bars. It came out smoothly. What's baffling to me is that the nylon gear is fine. After busting up the silicone seals and putting it all back together, I now have no idea what the problem is. I already replaced the clutch, just because I bought it, but the original was working fine. There's no mechanical problem anywhere. I guess that means the noise I'm hearing and the lack of traction has to do with power to the coils.

Comment

The roller bearing inside the nylon gear IS a clutch. There will be an arrow on the end of the bearing showing which it drives/freewheels. They come prelubricated with a simple light grease because they need friction to work. Installed backward results in no drive. Teflon grease, or too much heavy grease can do the same thing. The surface of the shaft it runs on needs to be perfect because it's the inner bearing race. If you put a wrench/crank on the square taper and turn the motor backwards both clutches should engage and you will feel resistance as the motor turns at higher rpm. if both clutched are working then look at the motor itself. Since you have it apart you should be able the check the roller clutch separately by hand.

Comment

Oh, wow, I had no idea. I actually didn't remove/replace the nylon gear, since it looks and moves fine. I put it all back together adding no lube, figuring I lost one of the power phases. I replaced the power system about 6 months ago so that seems unlikely. Now I'd better re-think that.

Comment

• Retrorockit
            Retrorockit commented
            Editing a comment
            It's only supposed to move one way.Be careful adding lube. Too much or too thick can block the rollers from moving, and of course Teflon, MOS2, or graphite will all screw things up there..
        Working...
        X