Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigEyeBri
    replied
    FYI, in both of your videos, your PAS sensor is installed incorrectly, as others have stated. I know it's been almost a year, but did you figure out that the flat part of that circle with a + in it should not be pointing towards the sky? It should be pointing towards your spokes, and directly at the magnet when the wheel turns.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Whippy
    replied
    This my BBSHD. You can see the light is on only when the wheel magnet passes

Leave a comment:

• moarpower
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Whippy View Post
    Yes. The cable issue is resolved now too.

If anyone is interested, I can take a video of the BBSHD build and show how the speedo works on that unit.
    That would be great! I am planning to buy a BBSHD in the next month so that would be quite helpful to me.

Glad to hear the issue been worked out.

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Whippy
    replied
    Yes. The cable issue is resolved now too.

If anyone is interested, I can take a video of the BBSHD build and show how the speedo works on that unit.

Leave a comment:

• Sebz
    replied
    Hi Sorry about the delay, the OP was answered 3 hours ago.

Side note, we are pretty slammed on emails but we do still answer in about 24 business hours... or less if possible ;)

Leave a comment:

• ykick
    replied
    OP - did you open a trouble ticket https://lunacycle.com/trouble-ticket/ or simply send an email to support@lunacycle.com? The former (from customer) normally receives quickest response times. Often 24/7 responses, in my experience.

Leave a comment:

• OptimusPrime
    replied
    There are actually 3 versions of the BBSO2 B
    One has no extra cables, one has an extra gear sensor cable, and another has a cable for head and tail lights!

Leave a comment:

• moarpower
    replied
    Interesting! That is good information to have for should future issues arise. Luckily Mr Whippy and I have the same run of kit. Otherwise we'd all be even more confused!

The phone number I used was +1 (800) 881-4471. They called back same day or next day around 10:30pm EST.

Leave a comment:

• Kocho
    replied
    Interesting, apparently, some sensor lights are constant on and only turn off when the wheel magnet passes by. And some are constant off and only turn on for a moment when the magnet passes. On mine:

1. System off, sensor light off.
    2. System on, sensor light off.
    3. The first time the magnet passes by, the sensor light comes on and stays on.
    4. At each subsequent passing of the magnet, the light shuts off for a split second while the magnet is near then comes back on.

The above happens regardless of whether I use PAS , throttle, or rotate the wheel by hand without using the pedals (like coasting)

Hope Luna will resolve your cabling issues. I think they list a phone somewhere on the web site. And try to submit a trouble ticket too, not just email (in case email gets lost somehow - you should be getting very quickly an auto-reply email that they have received your email, if not, your email is not getting through)

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Whippy
    replied
    Originally posted by moarpower View Post
    Couple quick notes/corrections to my above comments:

1) The light stays when the kit is turned on until the magnet passes by the sensor for the first time.

2) The light blinks with each subsequent rotation (passing of the magnet) but is otherwise off.

3) Your light is turning off when you pass a magnet by it. That is normal. If you swiped that magnet fast enough, speed would display.

4) Your light doesn't turn off unless triggered by a separate magnet because it is not sensing the magnet on your wheel.

5) Again, see the comment about orientation. Turn it 90 degrees to the right. You can see it work below.

Here is your video:

https://youtu.be/SuptK3M1PEQ
    Thanks!

I went out and tested my first BBS02. You are absolutely correct. I then tested my BBSHD. On that bike, the light is off until the magnet is next to the sensor.

So, I realigned the sensor to nearly parallel to the wheel and the speedo now works. I never noticed the BBS02 and BBSHD work differently wrt the speedo.

Still no Y cable and still no response from Luna Customer service however.

Thank you for the help moarpower. That's one step closer to finishing the build.

Leave a comment:

• moarpower
    replied
    Couple quick notes/corrections to my above comments:

1) The light stays when the kit is turned on until the magnet passes by the sensor for the first time.

2) The light blinks with each subsequent rotation (passing of the magnet) but is otherwise off.

3) Your light is turning off when you pass a magnet by it. That is normal. If you swiped that magnet fast enough, speed would display.

4) Your light doesn't turn off unless triggered by a separate magnet because it is not sensing the magnet on your wheel.

5) Again, see the comment about orientation. Turn it 90 degrees to the right. You can see it work below.

Here is your video:

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Whippy
    replied
    Please do. My other two kits are installed the same way and display correctly

Leave a comment:

• moarpower
    replied
    I have the exact same kit. Your sensor is oriented wrong. That is the first problem to tackle. It may be defective but we won't know until you rotate it 90 degrees to the right.

I can go take a video of my identical kit working if that is evidence enough to prove my theory.

I totally empathize with the customer services problems. Did you try emailing them? I usually get responses within 24 hours and have carried on several pages of dialogue within one day via that method.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Whippy
    replied
    Also note: I get no display errors

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Whippy
    replied
    But really, the problem here is: CUSTOMER SERVICE HASN'T RESPONDED.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X