Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neil.b
    replied
    Would it be fair to expect the seller to replace a battery that has been used incorrectly?

Leave a comment:

• Hodgi
    replied
    72V @ 30Ah to the BMS charge port will certainly see it die a black death.

Best of luck having that replaced under warranty, I doubt it will be entertained...

However you may get away with stripping the battery casing and replacing the BMS alone. I would also closely inspect all internal battery cabling and use a multi to test each cell.

That's a mistake you won't make twice...

Leave a comment:

• commuter ebikes
    replied
    Originally posted by andreashb View Post
    Hi! I bought a battery for my ebike, 72V 30Ah lithium ion. My father was going to test it for me but he plugged in the cord for using where the charger should go. It made a "boom" sound and it came black smoke. I cant test it now and I was wondering if it got damaged or only the cables got broken? I have to know within two days because if not i cant send it back. Please help.
    This sounds like it is definitely a problem. I think you should contact the battery vendor ASAP about this issue.

Leave a comment:

• andreashb
    started a topic Shorted battery?

Shorted battery?

Hi! I bought a battery for my ebike, 72V 30Ah lithium ion. My father was going to test it for me but he plugged in the cord for using where the charger should go. It made a "boom" sound and it came black smoke. I cant test it now and I was wondering if it got damaged or only the cables got broken? I have to know within two days because if not i cant send it back. Please help.
Working...
X