Help: Bafang C961 Display only shows full battery charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: Bafang C961 Display only shows full battery charge

I have the BBS02 with a 48v Shark GA 13.5ah battery and C961 display. The display always shows full battery charge. Has done this from day one. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks.

You may be able to reset it by taking apart and removing the button battery.

Comment

Possibly a stupid question as I am not familiar with this display, but is there a menu in the display (possibly under advanced options) to specify the battery voltage and maybe capacity? If that is set too low the display will always show full battery.

Comment

• BER
        BER commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for troubleshooting here. I have not seen any sort of battery voltage option in advanced settings or in the manual. The setting may not exist.

• max_volt
        max_volt commented
        Editing a comment
        There is no such setting so maybe it's automatic. Either way it's defective and should be replaced.

• ykick
        ykick commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, confused with color displays which have 36/48V settings.

Here is how Luna Cycles responded when asked about the issue. My interpretation: "Oh we know about the issue and didn't warn you, however the fix will cost you about $100 bucks payable to Luna Cycles."
      The C961 Display and pretty much all of the non-color displays lack the ability to properly read the battery. These are just DIY kits and Bafang usually leaves that sort of programming up to the individual seller. We’ve tried messing with it but we could never get it to fully accurately read the battery.

We recommend instead to use a Batt-Man or an Amp Fuel Gauge to read the voltage of the battery and compare to it’s rated maximum capacity and lowest. We have reference charts at this link if you need to know how to read voltage numbers:

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ries-basic-faq

Comment

Well, my DPC-14 also shows full battery until I am down to maybe 30% left, when it shows the battery almost full (implying 75% charge left, where in fact it will soon be time to charge). Basically, when I see that, I know it is time to charge soon.

Instead, I rely on the voltage display function. I forgot, but I think some of the black and white displays can't show voltage, so no help there.

Lately, I keep mine in Wat mode, showing me the instant power consumption. I know my battery has about 1kWh, I know my approximate average speed, and how long my trip will be, so I can estimate how much assist I can count on. Works pretty good for estimation. Of course, an Ah counter and actual SoC meter would be better than my guestimate, but the approximate mental math works well for me.

Originally posted by BER View Post
        I have the BBS02 with a 48v Shark GA 13.5ah battery and C961 display. The display always shows full battery charge. Has done this from day one. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks.

Comment

Found this on the blog site
          DPC-14...and a battery power meter that actually works properly for any voltage pack
          https://electricbike-blog.com/bbs02-displays/

A color display is a $50 option on a kit so why do they want full price?
          Last edited by max_volt; 09-22-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I have DPC-18 and have the exact same problem. Always shows 100% battery. I sent a message to Bafang and they were useless.

Hi there, thank you for your message. BAFANG do not encourage DIY project at home to ensure the safety of our customers. For this reason, we always refrain from giving advice online. We would instead recommend seeking the help of a professional at your local bike shop. All the best!

The people who sold me the kit take days to answer my calls.

Comment

Problem solved. I think the initial charge pushed it past 100%. Battery levels now not stuck on 100%. My vendor said voltage display is more accurate.

Comment

Working...
              X