Battery breaker problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery breaker problem

Having problems with battery breaker getting tripped randomly while riding. I'm using a 1800w-3000w cyclone motor with a 36-72v 40amp controller. My battery is a 52v 20ah battery. It will ride normal for a while but sometimes trip the battery breaker and shut the bike down till I reset it. I don't know if it's the motor or controller. It could also be the bumps affecting the breaker spring and making it get tripped. Help would be awesome.

Have you considered it might be the breaker just sucks? We have seen reports of that sort of thing before with random breakers.

Comment

Is the breaker tripping because you are drawing more current than the battery can (instantaneously) supply? Has your problem ever occurred with a fully charged battery under low current applications or does it happen when you are drawing a lot of current, especially from a low charged battery?

My circuit breaker will trip very time if I try to draw, say, 40A continuous or, for example, 80A burst. And the more the battery is discharged, the more likely it is to trip.

Comment

Working...
      X