Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Total Miles" Odometer reset itself to zero (C961 Display BBSHD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Total Miles" Odometer reset itself to zero (C961 Display BBSHD)

Hi guys.

After a recent ride, my total miles shown on the C961 display was '3'. It was something around 3500-3600 at the start of the ride, so I guess 3 miles from home it got reset. Trip ODO did NOT reset, it showed correct trip miles, around 30.

I'm pretty sure the odometer miles are stored in the display, not the controller, since I believe it also was reset when I replaced my display, too, about a year ago. Not positive, I usually only check the total if I'm doing maintenance, or showing off how many miles I logged.
    Can anybody confirm the display stores this info?

What should I be checking? Internal battery? Odd that only total ODO reset, not trip.

Now for the hard question: Is there a table I can access with a PC, or any other way, to restore my miles logged? I'm doing 25-50 miles a day lately, and hate to not have a record. Both for bragging, and just to know how long stuff lasts/when to maintain.

(Astute readers may remember that I have a Batt-Man, which keeps an internal mileage log accessible by USB. However, my USB port on my Batt-man turned fuzzy green long ago, and doesn't work anymore. )

--

Now, here's the twist which MAY explain what happened, but is not supposed to be possible. I was trying to remember how to get into advanced settings, trying all kinds of two- and three-button press combinations, at stops. I MIGHT have stumbled onto a 'RESET ODO' combination, accidentally.

Also, it was raining like crazy most of the ride, but there is no visible sign of moisture in the display. I ride rain a lot and find the C961 to be quite well sealed, so far. So, I know this is a hard question, with several confusing factors which could contribute. Was it the rain, my reckless button presses, hardware starting to fail, low battery in the display, or what?

Any related info will be appreciated.
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

I`ll go for your `reckless button presses`!
    I have the 850c color display and there's definitely a button sequence that resets the odo................. the delete trip is hold down + and - together for two seconds btw

Comment

Quite possibly! I wish I knew what combo did it.

To reset trip odo on mine you hold power and - together for 2 seconds. Holding + and + gets setup menu, pressing power 8 times with + & - gets advanced setup.

Thanks for the input.
      Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

If you want to pm me your address we'll send you something better. I can probably have a dpc18 sent since you're vip.

Comment

FWIW I have a small Garmin (Edge I think?) dedicated to my bike. When the battery gets low I plug it into the computer to charge and it then uploads mileage etc. to Strava. It's been the most reliable way I've found to keep track of those kinds of numbers without having to work too much. I suppose the Strava app on a smartphone accomplishes the same thing.

Comment

• JPLabs
            JPLabs commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a neat idea. I have several old GPSs, nothing that capable. But the pile of perfectly good ones tends to discourage me from buying more dedicated units.

I'll look at that Edge, though, thanks.

Looks like the one I have is an old discontinued model. I have the Garmin Edge 200... nothing fancy, black and white. Here's one I found on ebay

Garmin Edge 200

I've had it for a couple years and it hasn't flaked out yet!

Comment

• theronchaplin
            theronchaplin commented
            Editing a comment
            I mentioned the Strava app on your phone would accomplish the same thing. I now remember why I steered away from that. The app worked fine for awhile, then one day I went on a 20-minute ride and the app decided I had averaged 220mph. While I wanted to think I was super fast and awesome, I decided it probably wasn't reliably accurate LOL. So that's when I went on the hunt for a dedicated GPS.

• Dynamo Bikes
            Dynamo Bikes commented
            Editing a comment
            JPLabs please advise how Luna took care of you, thanks? I am still wanting to know how to reset the TOTAL kilometers shown on 961 display.... know how to zero the TRIP kilometers, but want to know how to zero the TOTAL distance number?
            Regards,
            Rob

• JPLabs
            JPLabs commented
            Editing a comment
            Dynamo,

They gifted me a DPC18! I've bought a lot from them, and they seem rather generous with good customers/VIPs. I'm more than happy with it.

To all asking, there is not supposed to be a way to reset the total miles. Only trip.

Can somebody tell me how to reset the odometer on a bafang 961 display I know how to reset the trip but I don't know how to reset the odometer any help will be appreciate it

Comment

Working...
          X