Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock nut rear hub - not centered wheel

Hi!

I have a Biltema MTB eBike with a constant brake pad scratching the disk (1) but the adjustment for the caliper (2) is at the maximum right now. My question is if I can use the lock nut (3) to make the bike frame go 1 milimiter away from the hub motor.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	48914
    I am not sure if in the ebikes, the lock nuts are used only for that purpose or if there is actually bearings inside that will get loose. Another option is to put a thin washer in (3), or last option is bend the frame (4) a little with a big spanner.

Thanks!

I don't see why not.

Before going through the trouble you might pull caliper and give it a good look for another adjustment? I remember disc caliper which the pad backing plate had some room for adjustment by way of an allen screw?

Comment

Originally posted by ykick View Post
      I don't see why not.

Before going through the trouble you might pull caliper and give it a good look for another adjustment? I remember disc caliper which the pad backing plate had some room for adjustment by way of an allen screw?
      Thanks, I cannot adjust the caliper further. These hydraulic brakes do not have the typical allen screw.

My only concern is if that lock nut is actually locking something (like the cone/bearings). I fiddled around the nut but everything seems solid enough... so no cones? Considering this is the opposite side (without the gears/cassette).

Comment

Here's one of my motors. It has a sleeve around the axle on the disk brake side. The sleeve will press against the frame and not move. Yes, there will be a bearing on the other end, but it is intended to work with the sleeve being fixed.

If you can fit a thicker washer in your bike without having to spread the frame, it should be fine.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	bearing_2.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	48922Click image for larger version

Name:	bearing_1.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	48923

Comment

Great! thanks.That did the trick :)

I moved a washer from the outside to the inside. Now the brakes are perfectly centered. Now I have to get a 12x18x2 mm washer :P to replace the one I took

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	7
Size:	700.5 KB
ID:	48991

Comment

Working...
        X