Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ncmired
    commented on 's reply
    Wow - what a mess! Have you considered setting up shop as a (the?) UK Bafang service center? You're learning lots about them.

You used the Arduino Nano as a logic simulator - that's great! Hopefully AZguy will be by.

I was a bench tech back in the seventies - can't do diddly now other that solder, crimp, shrink, and wrap.
    Last edited by ncmired; 03-17-2019, 06:31 AM.

• mosfetBob
    replied
    Thats Perfect. Ive been at it all day and have two bbS02B motors. measured the PAS sensors and had very low output, ~ 100mV so they might be open collector with pullups on the main board, tried to replicate the signals with an arduino nano 200ms between pulses alternating 10, 01 on the two inputs and then overlapping 1,1,0,0, but no effect. tried wiring one controller to the other PAS sensor and didnt work.
    to cut a long story short, I wasnt winding the pedal fast enough. Ive never used these motors, just given them buy a guy I dont have contact for until Monday.
    one worked in walk mode the other didnt. Opening the non worker it was clear water ingress had occured. I had one good controller and one not. Put the bad controller infront of heater for 30 mins and it came to life. .
    One systen would turn freely from the crank , the other was hard work. and when I shorted the contacts on the motor the easy one made no difference but the hard one became impossible, so the easy one wasn't turning the motor ( correct) and the hard one was because the Nylon gear was rusted to the shaft and wasnt backslipping. The gearbox was wet and had corroded. the top bearing of the nylon gear took me 30 mins to remove . the shaft isnt moving. its soaking in Kriol. overnight.
    Anyway, thanks for the electrical diagram.
    Making progress.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ncmired
    replied
    Here's a connector diagram:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=77041&d=1540926770.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	83963

Leave a comment:

• mosfetBob
    replied
    Hello, first post , Ive just been given two non working Bafang motors. I read the C961 manual. On the BBS02B motor it doesnt run in pedal assist but does run in walk assist mode but doesnt sound smooth. I wondered if this is indicative of anything. I only have a bike frame and no throttle to test. if anyone has links to an electrical connection diagram that would be really appreciated. I wondered if it could be the pedal assist hall effects. Determined to repair . I'll check out the fet replacment vid mentioned earlier. Looking forward to riding E.

Leave a comment:

• Rider
    commented on 's reply
    I couldn't find one either when I ordered my second motor. Didn't even think to ask for it when replacing it. It's probably just what they had in stock and I got lucky.

• calfee20
    commented on 's reply
    I asked for that when I ordered my kit but didn't get it.

• Rider
    replied
    WHOA! The warranty replacement controller arrived today and it's the 5 wire model. Sweet! It has the shifter cutoff wire at the motor and light wires that run off the main battery. I couldn't be happier. I was going to sell this motor once the new controller arrived, but now I want to keep it for my badly wanted Surly ECR build some day; already have the wheel and tire set for it. I also have a shifter cable cutoff that will plug into that low motor wire leaving the two uppers for the brakes and was hoping to do some guided night rides in Limestone Canyon next year. Have to start looking for a good set of proper voltage lights now.

Anyone know what voltage that wire puts out?

Leave a comment:

• Rix Ryds
    commented on 's reply
    That's correct. Red is +, black is -, phases are yellow Blue and green. There is also a $20 tool you can buy, think I got mine from EM3EV, that will help you sort out the proper connections. really comes in handy for diagnosing bad phase hall sensors as well!

• Robert62
    replied
    I'm glad it going to work out (cheaply) for you!
    Also RixRydes- that diagram is awesome!!! Am I correct that on the 5 wire connector one is + and one is ground?
    BTW, I only ride on uncensored controllers!
    Calfee- That dude is CRAZY! I don't expect to see many more videos from him....

Robert
    Last edited by Robert62; 12-01-2017, 04:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• calfee20
    commented on 's reply
    Remember this is for a BBSHD. I just opened his program and he is feeding 72 volts and 45.8 battery amps with 60.8 phase amps into a BBSHD. You can't believe the out of stock thing because he doesn't keep his web site up very well. An email is needed to confirm what is going on. You should watch some of his videos.

It seems he has fooled with a BBS02 also. Here is a link to his YouTube videos. https://www.youtube.com/user/wavebicycles/videos
    Pay attention to his death trike videos.............I am surprised he isn't dead yet.

I have the 12 fett controller he uses on the BBSHD but I am using it on my 1500 edge DD hub Fat Electra right now and I don't have a 72 volt battery...........yet. He sells a 26 amp 72 volt battery that I can fit on that Luna Cargo frame I just got. That should be a hoot.

• Rider
    replied
    Thank you all for your help with this! I will be back in the saddle soon...

Leave a comment:

• Rider
    replied
    Originally posted by commuter ebikes View Post
    If this were me, I would just buy the proper replacement controller from Luna and set the other one aside for spare parts or tinkering. $100 isn't much for a controller. Mine are $299. I can't even afford a spare.
    That's what I would have done if the seller didn't finally come around. Although I will be putting out a little shipping cash, I now have the old one for "tinkering" like you say. Might be fun to play with and maybe learn something new.

Leave a comment:

• Rider
    replied
    Originally posted by calfee20 View Post

ERT has a kit for BBSHDs and just because it is for 72 volts doesn't mean you have to use it. http://electricrt.myshopify.com/coll...pgrade-72v-40a
    HOLY VOLTS BATMAN! It's sold out anyway...

Leave a comment:

• Rider
    replied
    Originally posted by Rix Ryds View Post
    You can hook up any brushless controller to the BBS02 or HD. the 5 wires you speak of are the phase hall sensors some controllers need them (sensored), some do not (unsensored). There is no standardized color code for these so it may not work correctly by just matching colors. there is a method for determining what hooks up to what. See attached jpeg. Sensored is more efficient. Be aware that the BBS02 is not a particularly robust motor and if you run it hard you will have problems. If I were you I would just buy a new controller from California Ebikes, about $100 and simple plug and play!
    It looks like the retailer has come around to my way of thinking and is going to work with me by just sending me a new controller without me returning the old one to China. Still have to put out some $$$'s, but less than what I saved buying it from him. Should have this BBS02B up and running soon.

Leave a comment:

• commuter ebikes
    replied
    If this were me, I would just buy the proper replacement controller from Luna and set the other one aside for spare parts or tinkering. $100 isn't much for a controller. Mine are $299. I can't even afford a spare.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X