Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice in Fixing Hall Sensor Error on a Brushless Rear Drive Hub (Photo of motor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice in Fixing Hall Sensor Error on a Brushless Rear Drive Hub (Photo of motor)

I have a Vilano Neutron (36v 250w folding fat bike), and it uses a king meter km529. Currently, when I turn on the bike it flashes Error 24 which I have research indicates a "Hall Sensor" error either due to a loose wire or burnt out hall sensor. Before this error, I used it for a relatively long (~1hr constantly) uphill which was around 15% slope, so i think i might have pushed it abit too hard. I'm not sure whether that was what was the caused of this.

Anyway, i did open up the motor and i'm 99% sure I found what is wrong but just want to double check what I need to do (and where) to fix it. Please see these 2 photos:

As you can see, the circled GREEN wire is not connected at all. But I need to figure out where to solder it back to. Also I am wondering what the heck is all that "melted looking" black stuff? Is that intentional from the manufacturer to "hold" things down? I wonder what could have caused the green wire connection to come off.

Any advice would be appreciated. thanks!

Originally posted by gem77235 View Post
    I have a Vilano Neutron (36v 250w folding fat bike), and it uses a king meter km529. Currently, when I turn on the bike it flashes Error 24 which I have research indicates a "Hall Sensor" error either due to a loose wire or burnt out hall sensor. Before this error, I used it for a relatively long (~1hr constantly) uphill which was around 15% slope, so i think i might have pushed it abit too hard. I'm not sure whether that was what was the caused of this.

Anyway, i did open up the motor and i'm 99% sure I found what is wrong but just want to double check what I need to do (and where) to fix it. Please see these 2 photos:

As you can see, the circled GREEN wire is not connected at all. But I need to figure out where to solder it back to. Also I am wondering what the heck is all that "melted looking" black stuff? Is that intentional from the manufacturer to "hold" things down? I wonder what could have caused the green wire connection to come off.

Any advice would be appreciated. thanks!
    Interesting photos. You can figure out where it goes if you look at the board. Your hall wires are yellow, blue , and green. The black is ground and the red is 5 volts or so from the controller. The inside trace on the curved board is ground and the outside trace is positive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aviary Photo_131630574619470296.png
Views:	33
Size:	911.1 KB
ID:	58002

You can see where the yellow wire goes at the top of the board. The blue wire looks fine in the middle of the board. The only place left for the green wire is A and it fits with the layout of the board.

Of course your halls are those things with three blue legs stuck next to the magnets.

Here is a link on how to test the hall sensors. http://www.ebikes.ca/documents/HallS...stingFinal.pdf

Comment

calfee20 nailed it. 'A' is your connection point.

Comment

Thank you, I will solder some copper to it. Curious what is all that black stuff?

Comment

• AZguy
          AZguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Likely just RTV to hold things in place
      Working...
      X