Throttle BBSHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle BBSHD

The throttle on my BBSHD has stopped working, PAS works fine. Changed for a new throttle but it still isn’t working. Any ideas?? Could it be the controller?

I doubt it's the controller electronics. I'd suspect the wiring, somewhere between the throttle connection and the controller. But I don't know of a controller failure mode which just kills throttle.
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

• JPLabs
      JPLabs commented
      Editing a comment
      Learned it could be the controller....^^ see below.

Ok will have a play with all the connections and see how I get on

Comment

My bbso2 the throttle cuts in and out aswell tried a new throttle with no fix, mechanic mention maybe clutch?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Clutch only affects if you are pedaling if it does not engage the chainring. If only your throttle worked it would be the clutch. If only PAS works it is more likely either the throttle, wiring harness, or controller.

As described in the documentation you want to check the harness for kinks, smashes, cuts and tears. And you want to check the pins in the harness that they are straight, shiny, not caked with crud or whatever, and fully inserted. If you swap it out and still no joy, swap controller.
    Working...
    X