Installation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation problem

Hi, I recently purchased a BBSHD with a shark battery pack. The installation went relatively smoothly. But when I try and turn it on it doesn't work. The display lights up, and you can choose which level of pedal assist etc. But when I press the power button on the battery pack the lights don't stay on. They only light up while i have my finger on the button. At first I thought it was a faulty battery, and so I had it replaced, but it is still happening and so it must be something else. I have checked all the connections, and they seem fine. I was hoping that someone may have an idea what to check next?

The Shark pack doesn’t have an on/off switch. The button you’re pressing is just a cheap charge monitor that is a temporary switch.

Comment

If the display lights up, you should be good to go. Does the motor run with throttle on?

Comment

Ok well that's good news at least about the power switch on the pack. I don't know why the guy who sold me it didn't say anything, because I had mentioned it several times before I sent the original battery back for a replacement. I just assumed you had to switch the battery on to be able to use it.

Yeh the display lights up, but when I press the throttle I get nothing, changing the pedal assist levels and pedalling I get nothing. Luna Mate directed me to a video they had made to check the BBSHD Phase Wire. I opened it up and couldn't see anything wrong, everything was connected. I was as gentle as I could be to not pull any wires loose. I couldn't see anything obviously wrong, but screwed the unit back together now I don't get any power to the display. So that made things worse. I don't know anywhere in Brisbane that could look at the thing for me. I have emailed a few electric bike sellers to see if they can take a look but I have had no response.

So far I have paid 2 grand to make my bike heavier and have no front gears. Its quite frustrating.

I made some videos of before, during and after pulling it apart, and I sent it to them hoping they can see something I can't. Will see what they say.

Comment

They have offered to replace the motor, which is great. The customer service was very helpful. Hopefully I should be zooming to work in no time

Comment

Working...
          X