Shark Battery Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shark Battery Problems

I was riding in the rain last week when my bike (BBSHD, shark battery) cut out on me. I tried to revive it road side, but to no avail. The display came back on and showed a ridiculously low voltage (20 or so), and shut off again. I think I heard some sparks when I attempted to turn it back on.

Luckily I have two batteries, and once I got my bike home I tried my second battery, and it works great.

Just now I cleaned the contacts on both my broken battery and my battery cradle, then tried my broken battery again. This time it turned on and showed the correct voltage (51), and it stayed on until I hit the throttle. As soon as I hit the throttle I heard some sparking and it shut off again. The wheel moved slightly as a result of the throttle before it had shut off.

My broken battery is able to be charged as normal, and shows the correct voltage on the charger's display.

In the past I have coated the contacts of my batteries with dielectric grease, but I fell behind on my maintenance, which I certainly regret now, as perhaps if I had insulated the contacts from the rain this wouldn't have happened.

Anyone have any idea on how I can fix my broken battery?

Aside from cleaning them, did you try adjusting them too? What do they look like now?

Here's a link for adjusting them:

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...5701#post35701

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHVOLTAGE View Post
      Aside from cleaning them, did you try adjusting them too? What do they look like now?

Here's a link for adjusting them:

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...5701#post35701
      Wow! Thank you. I bet that very well might do the trick! I even have one of those dentist's tools. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

That seemed to work! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X