X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-bike Toter
    started a topic DOA... 22 Miles from home

DOA... 22 Miles from home

Luna Bafang BBSHD / 52V 24ah.. PAS quit on the road today... discoed everything I could on the road.. buttoned it up. No response to pas or throttle.. but controller & speedo working
    Trying to troubleshoot... battery out...

• Tommycat
    replied
    What battery are you using? Does reboot include shutting battery off and back on? Any voltage and amperage meter readings under load?

Leave a comment:

• Weav
    replied
    I'm having the same? issue... I have about 2500 miles on my BBSHD with Outstanding results. This morning however the Entire system shut down for no reason. I stopped, rebooted and started moving again. After a few seconds the display shuts off and motor quits. No big load or anything. Not hot, not cold... Let's just say I spent several hours troubleshooting and it just "Intermittently" shuts down and I can't duplicate the System shutdown regardless of a variety of factors. One common denominator is it seems to do it while shifting the derailleur to a different gear. But most of the time it doesn't matter. If I boot it up and don't move, it will stay on indefinitely. But if I ride it 10 feet or 100, it will just shut down. Looking for some serious help on this one. Thank You! LOVE THIS UNIT... Bought new from Luna in May 2017 all set up on a KHS 6500 bike. Absolutely no issues until this morning..... 52 volt setup and battery is at 55.3 volts/ 80%
    Last edited by Weav; 07-11-2018, 02:51 AM. Reason: Corrected mileage

Leave a comment:

• JPLabs
    commented on 's reply
    Me too! Definitely try disconnecting brake cutout.

Also, DOA means Dead on Arrival. Didn't work, as received.

This isn't a case of DOA.
    Last edited by JPLabs; 05-02-2018, 08:34 AM.

• oddball
    replied
    Keep this thread updated, would you? I have the same batt and motor...

Leave a comment:

• E-bike Toter
    replied
    Peter - thanks for the suggestion - I'm trying to open a ticket with Luna as the Local E-bike shop (Trinity in Grover Beach) has never worked on Luna kit (battery/controller, BBSHD)...

Leave a comment:

• Peter Halt
    replied
    I lost the magnet to my hydraulic brake cut off once and it died like that. Took me forever to figure it out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X