Bafang Ultra Drive, no gear sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bafang Ultra Drive, no gear sensor?

Decent weather, and time off work FINALLY happened on same day. I took my new fat bike with the Bafang Ultra Drive on maiden voyage that was delivered last December from China. I noticed when shifting it does not "hesitate", or cut power when shifting like the BBSHD with a gear sensor hooked up. It is continuous power. I do not see any additional plugs to connect a gear sensor to the the Ultra Drive.

Has anyone else purchased an Ultra Drive bike, and have any advice / suggestions?

The bike in the photo is what I bought, except it has white rims.

I think there is one available and it would plug in direct to the controller with a white non-waterproof plug, unlike the BBS motor pigtail.

See https://lunacycle.com/gear-sensor-fo...nd-max-motors/
    Last edited by ncrkd; 08-18-2018, 03:22 PM. Reason: updated link
    2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
    3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
    4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH
    Other, Electronic throttle lock

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

Thank you! I watched the video, there must be a plug in connector at the motor housing, unlike the pigtail on BBSHD as you stated. I will look.

Comment

You can wire it in parallel with a brake sensor if there's no plug

Comment

I decided to dust the cobwebs off the new bike. There is a hole in the back of the case to run the gearsensor cable through. There is an access cover on left side that is held on with 3 screws. Remove cover to expose dedicated gearsensor plug.

Comment

Working...
          X