Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    No issue at all, assuming you get the polarity right. There's a + and - marked on the sides of the xt connector so you know which way it goes on.

• thuibr
    replied
    It turns out it's actually the negative connection to the Anderson pole connector. It pulls right out. I'm thinking about just soldering the XT90 to the BBS02 and eliminating the Anderson pole connector altogether. Would there be any issues with that?

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    You mean the sheath? Yeah it sorta pries open. It snaps into place with little tabs if you look close on it. So you gotta pry it. Ideally with something plastic so you don't short the exposed wiring underneath. I never had much luck prying it with something plastic because those really snap in there tightly, but found that prying it partway with plastic then CAREFULLY using needlenose pliers you can remove it. Might want to wrap the tip of the pliers with electrical tape just to be safe.

Leave a comment:

• thuibr
    replied
    I was sent an XT-90 male to Anderson pole connector to hook up to the BBS02 with. https://lunacycle.com/batteries/conn...ole-connector/

After using a multimeter to test both the battery alone and the battery with this connector, I believe that your theory is correct. However, there's an extra ridged sort of connector between the wires and the XT-90 itself that is not on the XT90-S as shown above. Because of this, I am unsure about whether or not I can get in there and remelt the solder. Am I unable to detach this part to get to the solder? I am afraid of melting rubber.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    Are you talking about within the xt90 itself, or where the wiring is soldered to the xt90? Big difference there.

Here is an example of within the xt90. As you can see this was due to not being fully plugged in

If you mean the wiring itself where it meets the connector probably a cold solder joint on the xt cup. Fairly easy to remelt the solder with a soldering iron if you have one. Depending on how long the wires are on your version you might also just crimp on a new xt90-s pigtail, which we can send if needed.

Leave a comment:

• thuibr
    replied
    Thanks for sending me in the right direction. It does seem like a short. I am thinking that it's in the Luna Wolf. When I hold the XT90 connector attached to the battery up towards the top of the battery, the screen stays on and the motor goes. If I let the connector go, the display turns off and I hear sparking again when I touch the wire. I would like to test this theory with the XT90 to bare metal connector that came with the battery and a multimeter.

I just bought this battery and have hardly used it. The battery also seems hard to work on since it's completely potted. It is also a new battery from Luna too IIRC.

Here's the type of battery that I bought: LUNA FUSION: WOLF 52v 13.5AH GA - STEALTH BLACK

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    Sounds like you got something shorting in the wiring, check the knowledge base

Leave a comment:

• thuibr
    started a topic BBS02 Stopped Working After Sunny Day

BBS02 Stopped Working After Sunny Day

I just finished installing a Luna BBS02 and rode it to work for the first time. I left the bike outside all day at the bike rack but brought the battery inside so that it would not overheat. It got up to in the 90's Fahrenheit that day. When I tried to ride home, the motor stopped working. Here's what happens. I plug in the battery and press the power button. The screen turns on for about a second then shuts off again. After that I am unable to turn it back on again. I can touch the battery wire and hear it spark. I can unplug the battery then plug it back in and see the screen turn on again for another second or so before shutting off.

Did I fry a component in my motor already? Is there any easy way to reset something to make this problem go away?

Thanks!
Working...
X