Tektro Dorado sensor, new configuration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tektro Dorado sensor, new configuration

A little over two years ago PCliteuser spliced a Tektro e-brake lever sensor to the LUNA motor e-brake sensor. Back then the cable colors were different. According to PCliteuser, the Tektro sensor had two cables (one blue one red) and the LUNA sensor had three cables (one each red, black and white).

My problem TODAY is that I have the same setup: attempting to splice together the stock three-pronged connector with the Tektro Dorado sensor. The Dorado brake sensor still has two cables, and the LUNA sensor still has three cables. however, now the colors are slightly different. The LUNA sensor NOW has one red, black and blue cables. And the Dorado sensor has one black and one blue sensor.

I attempted to splice the (seemingly) obvious connections: black to black and blue to blue. I left the red cable from the LUNA sensor free. Apparently this is NOT the correct connection, maybe? I installed the sensor to the brake lever, turned on the battery/motor and engaged the brake, unfortunately I did not see any signal on the screen that registered brake engagement.

Does any body have any (more recent) experience with this? For posterities' sake, I've linked PC's thread here. I don't want to try too many times to splice too much, as there is only a certain amount of cable to work with.
    Please let me know how to make the sensor work. What cables do I need to connect in order for the motor to respond to brake engagement. I don't want to ruin my new purchase. I'm looking forward to your help. TIA!!
    just want to share. i bought pair of tektro dorado brakes but i didn't noticed that its from different e-bike company, so the motor cutoff is a bit different from

Isn't red/blk/blu the throttle?

Comment

I'm asking about the brake connector (comes with the mid-drive kit) and the brake sensor (comes with the Tektro brake levers)

the three-pronged connector that I am working with came from the stock, kit brake levers. So, no.

edit:
      the throttle is in the box still. probs gonna just stay there.

Last edited by freebike; 1 week ago.

Comment

This post might help: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...rs-not-working
        Intro: http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...ntro#post17033
        First build: http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...0293#post20293

Comment

thanks for the link ncrkd!
          Sometimes, I don't even know what to search for sometimes. I appreciate your help. I'll try removing the key and rotating the plug one pin clock-wise. IF that doesn't work I guess it's back under the iron!

Comment

update:
            cutting off the key, rotating the plug one pin clockwise, doesn't work. I'm not sure what to do. I'd really like to know how to make these sensors work.

Comment

Hi Freebike,
              Sounds like it's time to get out the multimeter! From the motor harness (female) we know what we should have for voltages. Verify that you still have them...and at what positions. May need a straight pin or single strand of wire being careful not to short anything. :-) Also along these lines, I would mark which one is the 5vdc hot connection and stay well away from it... If all is well, move to the brake cable. Does the switch make, or no resistance when the brake lever is pulled? Then it's just a matter of mating up the correct, used connectors. 4.75 volt brake signal and battery ground on the motor harness side, and the switching contacts on the brake lever side, polarity does not matter...I'm purposely staying away from wire colors or pin numbers, as I'm just a bit confused on who has what :-) so just verify.

See my E-Bike build in progress HERE.

Comment

Working...
              X