No announcement yet.

Crank and thumb accelerator slipps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray, I checked it, out it's the chain ring , socket only, at $60. Of course, I'll need both to start. Maybe later, the socket alone.
    BTW, I finally figured it out about the screw limits. Yeah, i needed a longer screw for the low gear.
    Any ideas to buy a good chain that last longer than the standard ones. Same question for a quality cassette? Where do I start to buy them. And the last question of the day, how do I know the correct chain length? I know Luna can buy chains. I think I can buy a chain by the foot. What do you think? Is it the best place to go?
    When I rode it to try it and I'm very happy with the bike. Can't wait to install the Eclipse 42T when I get home. I'll be gone 18 days.
    Thanks again
    Michael

Comment

People here have had good luck with KMC, SRAM, pretty much any name brand chain. I've looked at the Connex (Wipperman) e-bike chains, but they're very pricey. At this point, I consider the chain, much like the tires, a wear item that needs frequent change out on these highish power e-bikes.

It would be cheaper to by a chain reel and cut the needed length, no doubt. Sorry, I don't know how many links your current chain is. I'd consider having that travelling bike mechanic remeasure the bike after the conversion, and cut one for you that you can use as a starting point.

Hope this helps - good travels.
      Last edited by ncrkd; 06-27-2018, 07:45 AM.
      2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
      3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
      4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

You want a steel cassette not aluminum

Comment

Working...
        X